False naming of breeds...gahhh

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
Does people selling a breed as another breed make you as annoyed as it does me?

Any ways a person is selling "Silver Appleyards" in my area thing is they are clearly mixed. I am not saying mine are perfect but a lot better then theres. (can i post the image of there "Silver Appleyards" here...?).

Also here is my only duck i got hatched before it's mother died.

sa-pic-1.jpg

(on other forums i can't post images of peoples ducks
roll.png
)

I got suckered into a trio of "mallards" Was the correct price even though they were clearly (to me) not mallard hens. So I have added three Rouen hens to my flock. Ahh well, I would say it is always buyer beware!!!

How about the numbskull that was SHOWING his 'SA's' at the NC State Fair....and they were WH's. ...and before I knew better, I bought a drake to mate with my SA hen. gggrrrrrr:mad:

The spelling in your post is correct! Watchya' worrying about? My grammar is the worst! I have to read and read again, sometimes use the spell and grammar check on the word perfect program when sending emails! I don't worry on here....hehehehhehehehehhe...we are all a big family! A big, bunch of wild poultry lovers! LOL!

I hate when people do it with chickens too! They sell ya' chicks, as one breed, and they turn out to be another or a mutt.
Shame on them!

If you have the bird in front of you, its your call to make that decision, not the person showing or the breeder, or the seller. You should know that. Just because a "breeder" says that a bird is show quailty doesn't make it show quality. There are A LOT of people on here that post a picture of a bird and ask for critque, and when they get real honest critical responses, say something to the effect, "I don't care if it is showable, I just want it so I can sell hatching eggs." Or my favorite is...all my birds are show quality, but I don't own a Standard of Perfection, or even know what it says about the breed. You have to be very careful and always know what you are looking at when you are purchasing birds. Live and learn...but more importantly learn.

Back
Top Bottom