Farm chatter

I’m about to go to the duck pond. Very excited as I’m extremely duck deprived these days. I’m hoping to get lots of photos and to bring the ducks and geese a good snack!
Good luck! That's awesome that you're doing that for them. I remember you said there were a bunch of Pekins, were they dumped there?

They are. No one else here believes me. They’re best put in a cup of Oreo hot chocolate with whipped cream and Oreo crumbles on top.
That sounds so good. Do they actually taste like Oreos?
I’m about to go to the duck pond. Very excited as I’m extremely duck deprived these days. I’m hoping to get lots of photos and to bring the ducks and geese a good snack!
Yay! That's great. Get lots of pics!

My hamster is being so cute.
20210109_184651.jpg

Good luck! That's awesome that you're doing that for them. I remember you said there were a bunch of Pekins, were they dumped there?
They weren’t. The ducks are owned and maintained by the park. It’s also a cemetery so it’s a peaceful place for families to visit. They have a large pond and lots of green space. People feed them bread all the time though, so when I go I make sure to give them safe treats.

They weren’t. The ducks are owned and maintained by the park. It’s also a cemetery so it’s a peaceful place for families to visit. They have a large pond and lots of green space. People feed them bread all the time though, so when I go I make sure to give them safe treats.
I'm glad they weren't dumped! It sounds so pretty.

That's good! There's so many dumped ducks in many ponds, its sad. My duck, Chenga, is named after a pekin duck that had been dumped in a pond close to my old house. He was 9 when he died, and he was blind, too! But he knew his name, and always swam over when you called him, since he knew that meant he would get fed.

Back
Top Bottom