Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

My jubilee Orpington pullet really likes to dust bathe. lol This little lady was also enjoying the sun. And then there was a group nap...with more dust bathing. One of my two black pullets. I ended up with 5 pullets and 8 or 9 cockerels. :/ This pullet switched dirt holes and continued bathing. :lol: And my favorite, the little splash pullet.
I absolutely love watching them dust bathe and sunbathe. However, it can be really scary the first time you see it - sunbathing chickens look dead from a distance if you don't know what you're looking at!

I absolutely love watching them dust bathe and sunbathe. However, it can be really scary the first time you see it - sunbathing chickens look dead from a distance if you don't know what you're looking at!

Tell me about it!! lol When I had my first chickens, probably 5 years ago...I came home from work and found all my 6 Silkies in a pile, in the flower garden. Some where upside down, some sideways, some had their wings and legs sticking out. Freaked me out!!
lau.gif
I literally had to stop and stare at them, to try to figure out what had happened, who was dead and who wasn't. Then I walked closer to them, they heard me coming and they all picked their heads up just so they could stare at me like I was some sort of a crazy person. I'll never forget it, felt like an idiot. It scared the crap out of me.
lau.gif
Now I think it's funny watching them kick the dirt around and all that good stuff. The best ones are the little chicks learning to dust bathe, they look so pitiful. lol

Wow,  I never would have imagined that cross would produce him.   All the color and not a bare neck.  What were his siblings like?

Very varied. Here's Mom and Dad:

And his two brothers:

He also has a sister, but I don't seem to have a picture of her. She's pure white and has muffs.

Have you ever tried a cross to a silkie or show girl,  who should have black skin, etc.?

I haven't! I actually also keep silkies, but I keep that flock and the cemani flock separate. I now have an ayam cemani rooster - that NN rooster was only in with the cemani hens while I didn't have a rooster for them. Now all the eggs from them are purebred :)

Back
Top Bottom