Do you have Salmon Faverolles?

• Yes! They are amazing!

Votes: 74 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I really want some!

Votes: 32 27.1%

• Total voters
Just spent the morning looking at everyone's faverolles 😅 and had to share mine! Tuna is 5 months and such a goof. Pretty snuggly as long as you don't bug her too much and definitely lowest in the pecking order. She lives for kale and black sunflower seeds.

Attachments

• PXL_20221130_185135055.jpg
    PXL_20221130_185135055.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20221225_181736278~2.jpg
    PXL_20221225_181736278~2.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20221217_202553928.jpg
    PXL_20221217_202553928.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20221217_202428879.jpg
    PXL_20221217_202428879.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20221217_203118844.jpg
    PXL_20221217_203118844.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 10
Beautiful girls, do you have any roosters? They are particularly handsome and so easy going, not like roosters I have had before.

Where did you purchase your girls and at what age. I am sorry, you probably have mentioned it previously. Do you have any abnormalities that you have noticed, such as scissor beaks?

I enjoy my SF, they may mostly look alike, but they all have personalities. I have been putting different color leg bands on my hens for different reasons. One always nest on the divider between nest boxes, one spins when she is anxious, I band the ones that have hatched and raised chicks.

The eggs started out quite small but after a season of laying, the eggs are getting to be bigger, about what is called medium in the stores.

Beautiful girls, do you have any roosters? They are particularly handsome and so easy going, not like roosters I have had before.

Where did you purchase your girls and at what age. I am sorry, you probably have mentioned it previously. Do you have any abnormalities that you have noticed, such as scissor beaks?

I enjoy my SF, they may mostly look alike, but they all have personalities. I have been putting different color leg bands on my hens for different reasons. One always nest on the divider between nest boxes, one spins when she is anxious, I band the ones that have hatched and raised chicks.

The eggs started out quite small but after a season of laying, the eggs are getting to be bigger, about what is called medium in the stores.
Eggs from my Favorelles are quite small, even as three year olds.

Eggs from my Favorelles are quite small, even as three year olds.
My Faverolles eggs are on the smaller side too. But one is only 20 mo. And one is 8 mo (the 8 mo old has stopped laying for now). But then again I feel like most of my girls eggs are still quite small. Hoping they get bigger when they start back up again.

Yay I get to join the Faverolles club! This is Starla. She is 3 weeks old and is really sweet. Got her from Meyer Hatchery. 🥰
View attachment 3279738

I noticed her feet seemed a little weird and she struggles with balance compared to other chicks I have. It seems her back toes stick into the air and do not make contact with the ground. I imagine that's why it's so difficult for her to perch like the other birds. I've never had this breed before so could you guys look at this and tell me if this is normal or a deformity? View attachment 3279739View attachment 3279741

I don't really think these photos do it justice now that I look at them again. The longer back toe sticks nearly straight upwards and the shorter one is too high to make ground contact. It might look like the shorter one is touching the ground but it isn't.

Please let me know what you think!
Hi 😊 your faverolles toes are completely normal 👍🏻

I haven’t been on here in ages!! 😱 nice to see everyone’s faverolles 😍 my youngsters are just beginning to lay after what seems like an eternity 😂
Pretty birds! How old were they when they began to lay? I'm still waiting on mine.

And thanks for commenting about my SF's toes. They did seem to settle into place and now she walks just fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom