Faverolles Thread

Thanks for everyone's input on helping my little balls of fluff! There was much complaining, but everyone now has a very stylishly slicked back beard that stays out of their little eyes.

Phew! It took a lot of mealworms for them to accept my apology!

Had a great time at the NW Georgia Poultry show today. Had the opportunity to see some of Leisha's AWESOME bantam Faverolles in person
droolin.gif
bow.gif
love.gif
Got a few pointers from Leisha and her husband
yesss.gif
They're so full of information.

I've been running on fumes all week, hitting the hay now.

Hi all :) Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats Hamilton, I'm very jealous, and can't wait until circumstances let me go to a poultry show myself.

My five chicks are all growing like weeds, and I think the final count may be 3 girls and 2 boys (I'm so lucky!). Still waiting till they're 2 weeks old to make the final gender determination.

I did want to ask if anyone had any photos of toes that would cause faults at the shows. I have heard talk of improperly seperated toes, and I want to make sure of the quality of my babies as I might consider showing them when they're older.

Thanks for any info you might have. I'm very excited about all of this!

Hi all :) Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats Hamilton, I'm very jealous, and can't wait until circumstances let me go to a poultry show myself.

My five chicks are all growing like weeds, and I think the final count may be 3 girls and 2 boys (I'm so lucky!). Still waiting till they're 2 weeks old to make the final gender determination.

I did want to ask if anyone had any photos of toes that would cause faults at the shows. I have heard talk of improperly seperated toes, and I want to make sure of the quality of my babies as I might consider showing them when they're older.

Thanks for any info you might have. I'm very excited about all of this!

Congrats!! But I'd wait until back feathers start coming in at around 4 weeks before you KNOW what you've got, especially since you hatched from a salmon / blue salmon flock, those blue salmon boys can throw you for a bit... ;)

I haven't taken many pics of bad toes, but you want them to look like this:

This was an older cockerel with decent spacing on one foot, and "eh" spacing on the other foot....ignore the poo....lol

Last edited:
Thanks Cloverleaf! I'd say from your pics that all of my chicks have beautiful seperation, except one that has one 'eh' foot like your roo. Even the one that was born with curled feet has straight and pretty toes after I put little cardboard booties on him. We call him Paddlefoot.

I hate to pester everyone with questions. But I know that feathers on the second toe are desirable in Cochins, but not in other breeds. Should the second toe be completely clean in Faverolles? I'm hoping a little fluff is ok since the majority of my babies have it.

Thanks again, I'm soaking up knowledge like a sponge here!

Back
Top Bottom