Faverolles Thread

$22 for a 6 week old pullet is a bit much, IMHO. At least now they have a picture of their actual Faverolles, instead of using ones from Kate Hart.
I was looking at prices of there chicks. They were listed at $8, which I don't think is bad. Now $22, I would not pay. I would from a well know reputable breeder, but not a hatchery. I didn't look at the the pullets.

changing how I water the flock, purchased the nipples from Amazon for a dollar each.
I have 3 five gallon pails, and for my smaller breeding coop a 2 gallon pail with just 2 nipples. I will still use my five gallon tray waters for my free ranging birds when they are outside, the nipple waters will be inside the coops.

I got my original ones from aquamizer.com, some farm catalogs have them now also….They are GREAT, You can use them with any plastic container of any size that works for You….for me….Some of the buckets have loose lids that i fill , others my hubby drilled a large hole near the top so i can insert a hose nozzle to fill….Really does keep the water cleaner. While i was out yesterday i saw a neat 1 gallon watering bucket….it is galvanized and has a plate on the inside rim that covers most of the opening. Then there is another piece on the edge that forms a bowl. You fill with water then place on side ( there is an attached metal foot) and the bowl is gravity feed like some dog bowls…..Looks like it would be a great choice for smaller areas.

I got my original ones from aquamizer.com, some farm catalogs have them now also….They are GREAT, You can use them with any plastic container of any size that works for You….for me….Some of the buckets have loose lids that i fill , others my hubby drilled a large hole near the top so i can insert a hose nozzle to fill….Really does keep the water cleaner. While i was out yesterday i saw a neat 1 gallon watering bucket….it is galvanized and has a plate on the inside rim that covers most of the opening. Then there is another piece on the edge that forms a bowl. You fill with water then place on side ( there is an attached metal foot) and the bowl is gravity feed like some dog bowls…..Looks like it would be a great choice for smaller areas.

What do you do ... drill holes in the bottom to put them through? Do they leak at all or do you use a sealant?

What do you do ... drill holes in the bottom to put them through? Do they leak at all or do you use a sealant?

mine came with the specs to drill the right size hole. they are threaded, and I used tephlon plumbers tape. and they screwed into the bottom of the plastic pails. no leaks. sink tested.... I still have snow on the ground here, and am waiting for spring to show me the yard again before I place the new waters in service.

Anyone selling hatching eggs or chicks? I really want this breed in my backyard. I can't find anyone local that has them. I'm in Columbia SC.

Back
Top Bottom