Faverolles Thread

My 12 week old pullet is the sweetest little thing, she was very scared as a chick and I had to chase her to catch her. So I thought she would be really really shy, which in some ways she is, she still doesn't like being held but she will let me pick her up she just gets very upset when I hold her and will run and hide, but when I talk to her she will peep and then come out of hiding lol. She likes to hang out next to me and if I have my laptop she will jump up to play with it, she comes when I call her and her little run is so cute! She doesn't get bullied and she actually will challenge the rooster back before submitting and she challenges the other pullets, so she is not weak. I have 3 more baby Salmon Faverolles and they are very sweet chicks. But actually all my chickens so far are so sweet and friendly, I don't have any bullies or mean chickens.
I love the fluffy faces of both the Easter Eggers and Faverolles so I got 3 more of each. I ordered my newest brood from Meyers and so far happy with the quality, temperament and health. My, My pet chicken order was great too, but the Faverolles are of poor color quality there, and the one I got, is so far from the right color, she feathered much slower then any of my chick that I had with her and slower then the new ones I have now which are keeping up with the rest of the chicks, except and cockerel he is slower which is normal and I can tell he is a cockerel already at 1 week old.
I think you will be happy with this breed!
Thank you! You all have very great info, I will ponder over this a bit more, but I really think I will get them!!

[/IMG]

I guess the prettier they are, the further they fall. LOL. Gotta love molting.

I don't think any of mine had an ugly phase. :) They are 6 weeks old now and all super cute. The one in the photo hatched out of a green egg so he's not pure faverolles, maybe 3/4. I think he's a cockerel so he won't be able to stay after he's all grown up. I'm still hoping I'm wrong and he turns out to be a pullet!

quote name="ochochicas" url="/t/268082/faverolles-thread/15270#post_14060921"] I don't think any of mine had an ugly phase. :) They are 6 weeks old now and all super cute. The one in the photo hatched out of a green egg so he's not pure faverolles, maybe 3/4. I think he's a cockerel so he won't be able to stay after he's all grown up. I'm still hoping I'm wrong and he turns out to be a pullet! [/quote] beautiful!! Mine are a bit more red. I was hoping for lighter coloring, but alas they are hatchery babies. At 4 weeks they look like wet, electrocuted chicks. Haha :D feathering out is rough! I have only gotten 1 of my "breeds" from a "breeder" and it was a bad experience. I was supposed to be getting Blue Ameracaunas and got a total mutts. Beautiful mutts, but still. I'm hoping to venture out next year and order some hatching eggs once I get my incubator situated.

I need help sexing the chick on the back left of the first pic. I originally thought female, but it's gotten so dark. No black though. Also seems to be feathering at the same rate as the male chicks.

Back
Top Bottom