Faverolles Thread

I need help sexing the chick on the back left of the first pic. I originally thought female, but it's gotten so dark. No black though. Also seems to be feathering at the same rate as the male chicks.
It is a bit darker brown in color than you would typically see. Something still says pullet to me on that chick- it doesn't have any of the black you would see in a cockerel. Maybe it's a very dark female?

Some of my chicks at 7 weeks:

love.gif

I need help sexing the chick on the back left of the first pic. I originally thought female, but it's gotten so dark. No black though. Also seems to be feathering at the same rate as the male chicks.
Purely curious: How old are they? I have 2 babies I'm watching anxiously for any signs of black
wink.png

My chicks were around 10 weeks in these pics. I believe it was around 3 weeks that it was pretty obvious which was which (although I was in denial for a week or two that 10 of 13 were boys-I swear I kept seeing possibilities of females!)

HI, kinda hard to see, am thinking that it is a non or cross Fav. or depending where the chicks originated, a Mahogany Fav? lil girls look like that. developing different. others are very boy or girl.

I bred her myself from this trio. My hens are on the dark side so I am thinking she is going to be an exceptionally dark pullet.

I bred her myself from this trio. My hens are on the dark side so I am thinking she is going to be an exceptionally dark pullet.
Nice colored male
smile.png
The hen in the back looks more the coloration of a Mahogany Fav. female. They are the rusty brown with a white muff….mystery solved…..Am sure that your chick should be a girl… :)

Hi,
I have started my own little flock of Faverolles and I am looking to add. I am only looking for show quality birds. I will be making a trip up to NY from here in NC and I was wondering if there was anyone on my route who would have some nice birds or chicks for sale (VA, MD, DE, NJ or NY).

Here is a genetics question for all of you who follow Faverolles traits. I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Is the gene for 5 toes dominant? If you cross a Faverolles with another breed with 4 toes, will the the resulting chicks have 5 toes? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom