Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback sandiklaws!
smile.png
I really appreciate it!
All of them have the correct number of toes except one of the roos, he only has 9 toes... I forgot to note that yesterday when I was taking pictures... I will do a toe check this afternoon at treat time. I plan to hang onto these for a bit more just to see how they develop... it's fun. I will probably give the girls to some of the kiddos in our 4H that have a great little egg (for eating) business.

Quote:
Hi Stormylady... thanks for the feedback! Wouldn't you know that the middle girl just happens to be the sweetest of the girls... I'm really happy she is feathering out so nicely.

Quote:
Hi Stormylady... thanks for the feedback! Wouldn't you know that the middle girl just happens to be the sweetest of the girls... I'm really happy she is feathering out so nicely.

No problem! I just love looking at these babies and Favs are my favorite, I have one 8 month old Cockerial and a 8 month old pullet and I'm going to set there eggs this weekend, hopefully I will get some really nice looking chicks, She is really pretty, but took a fall when she was a couple of months old and has not really been able to use her leg correctly since then But I still think she should make some nice babies. He is very pretty but Im hoping his black beard will fill out more with time right now he looks like he has a goatee, LOL
but gorgeous otherwise. Your little boys have more of a beard than my Oliver does. Mine came from bantyman as eggs. and I only got the one pair out of the eggs but was lucky enough to get one boy and one girl out of the set of eggs. Don't get me wrong I love all my birds and I got alot of different breeds but hope to someday have a whole flock of Salmon Faverolles LF. LOL

I have the same quality of birds from Ideal. One female dark brwn on the chest w/white head (thought at first it was a roo), one beardless... one w/beak deformity... the roosters at the same age have very little brown on them... they're almost all black bodied w/white and brown specks, with grey/white feathers on the head. I'll do picts soon.

How long does it take for a Fav roo to feather out with full colors? I have 6 to choose from (unfortunatly the friendliest roo has 9 toes)

Last edited:
Quote:
love.gif

It's great to see the pics!! That middle girl is awesome! I think I've got it figured out which of the hens is throwing the clean face, and she's going away! LOL
Man, I can't wait to see what the roos are going to look like when they are all done!! I haven't figured out where the 9 toes thing is coming from yet, but luckily there has only been a few chicks out of all of them that have had that...
hu.gif

Quote:
She really is a beauty that middle girl... I love them all!
I did a toe check
smile.png
and this is the boy with 9 toes... he's a real character... afraid of nothing!
24088_042010favboy2.jpg

Quote:
I did a toe check
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/24088_042010favboy2.jpg

Ugh - it figures it would be the one with better coloring so far!
sad.png
BUT - wait till they moult, and the other one might have nice color too!

Did the Rock mix chick end up being a roo??

Quote:
I did a toe check
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/24088_042010favboy2.jpg

sad.png

Yes, I'm pretty sure our "Bubbie" is a roo... and, of course, still my sons FAVORITE! He is such a cutie (I just love his feathery legs). He is soooo much larger than the others... he is HUGE by comparison in body size and height.
He runs to the gate to greet us... and then stands still at your feet looking up and waiting to be picked up. I've heard that "overhandling" roos can be bad and that sometimes makes for a mean roo... but, we just can't help ourselves... and we do try not to baby him too much... boy, I really hope he stays so sweet!
24088_042010favx1.jpg

Quote:
sad.png

Yes, I'm pretty sure our "Bubbie" is a roo... and, of course, still my sons FAVORITE! He is such a cutie (I just love his feathery legs). He is soooo much larger than the others... he is HUGE by comparison in body size and height.
He runs to the gate to greet us... and then stands still at your feet looking up and waiting to be picked up. I've heard that "overhandling" roos can be bad and that sometimes makes for a mean roo... but, we just can't help ourselves... and we do try not to baby him too much... boy, I really hope he stays so sweet!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/24088_042010favx1.jpg

He's awesome!! And yes, a HE! He's a beefy boy!!
wink.png

Quote:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/24088_042010favx1.jpg

Are you positive he's a rock mix? Sure looks like a feather legged cuckoo marans to me. White legs.

Back
Top Bottom