Faverolles Thread

I do still have some in brooders in the basement. Dick's chicks, even though they're big enough to move out, and Leisha's blues are lucky enough to be there. It's holding at 65.

Quote:
Boy, I hear that. We have AC in the main part of the house, but that doesn't help with getting that building done
smile.png

No AC here, or at the place in China. Poor Dutch. he's the worst off. So I'm still up, and so is Jonathan. He's watching Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs chase chickens around in Miami.

So how many red roos do you have now?

Poor Dutch
sad.png

I will have to check the pens again, Sarah said we lost a couple in the big crate in the chick room yesterday and they were in there. We have been pretty lucky with this heat so far, have only lost a couple of chicks, all the outside birds are doing pretty good, course Bryant is right out there every few hours while I'm at work changing and filling water as needed and they have been getting added vitamins and electrolytes.

Quote:
65 have you thought about moving to the basement with the birds
lol.png

Going to probably only put in one more batch of eggs and than call it quits for a little while. Getting over run here
smile.png

So far everyone is doing well here. The heat index was somewhere around 110 degrees yesterday. It was really 105 but the humidity makes it worse here. We do have AC but even with AC the chicks were all on the other side of the brooder from their red heat lamp and these are 4 day olds. My next hatch just went into lockdown 12 BBS eggs. The next one is 4 BBS eggs and 3 salmons. I have so few adults right now that its easy for me to keep them cool. They get Ice water in all three waterers and they get watermelon or cantaloup. I also have a fan that goes under the coop during the day and in the coop at night. So far so good! I think it must be much harder on LF birds.

Henry

Quote:
Good luck on your hatching. I have eggs due today/tomorrow and that's it. Incubator will be off. My birds have been panting like crazy for the past few days. Haven't lost any yet. Hopefully they all make it. I can't do what you do, they get fresh water once a day,the way I look at it only the strong will survive.
Dick

Quote:
Good luck on your hatching. I have eggs due today/tomorrow and that's it. Incubator will be off. My birds have been panting like crazy for the past few days. Haven't lost any yet. Hopefully they all make it. I can't do what you do, they get fresh water once a day,the way I look at it only the strong will survive.
Dick

Ya its hard when you have 10 times as many birds as I do or more! Hope they all make it. I agree about the stronger ones its the same thing with the cold that is why I refuse to heat my coops ever.

Henry

Quote:
Dick

Ya its hard when you have 10 times as many birds as I do or more! Hope they all make it. I agree about the stronger ones its the same thing with the cold that is why I refuse to heat my coops ever.

Henry

I'm the same way.....only the strong makes it through the winter. That's because I have to many birds.
smile.png
I think I have about 50 white bantams out. I'm planning on putting all the males in the back pen. This way I can get a better look at them. Just took my wife to the airport. She's visiting her sister in Illinois. Now I'm just a lonely man.
lau.gif

Dick

Does anyone on here sell large salmon faverolle eggs or chicks? We don't need them right away. Fall or next spring is fine, but they aren't all that easy to get a hold of so we're trying to make arrangements as soon as possible.

My daughter is interested in showing them so we prefer show quality.

Quote:
I got some really beautiful large faverolles from Melissa (byc member pasofinofarm). She sells and ships her eggs... here is her website - http://nonesuchfarm.net/
She is really great to work with... has gorgeous birds and a really nice farm. I am lucky enough to only be just a few hours away, so I got to go visit her farm and pick up day old chicks in the Spring of 2009... they all grew out wonderfully and I have 3 gorgeous Salmon / Salmon-Blue hens and an awesome White roo (Mr. Hen) - the sweetest roo. My son is in 4H and loves working with our birds - from our experiences I would have to say Favs are great for that
smile.png

Quote:
I would have chicks or eggs for sale in the spring of both Large Salmon and White Faverolles. I live in Iowa so it may be close enough for you to pick them up, or I would ship them to you.

David

Back
Top Bottom