Faverolles Thread

Quote:
No if you do there is a good chance he will bring it back in or something else and you could lose your whole flock. 100% no.
Henry

Then again, he might not come back.
Dick

Touchè!
Now that y'all have helped me come to my senses.... if she gets one it will be Mr Droopy eye, who has a subperfect comb & a slightly droopy eyelid (probably from the foxtail I pulled out when he was a chick), and he won't come any closer than the driveway IF he comes back. I will warn her about chicks she raises being exposed via their mom.

PS. Peter... GQ actually bit Colin, not just a peck. To his credit, he had just been snagged out of the air when he refused to be picked up for a hug. Colin is 15, so not in danger.

PPS. Back to Marek's; how many people here do vaccinate for Marek's? How about Mycoplasma? I know someone who said her birds got sicker with the Myco vaccine than they did with the disease, and were still considered carriers.
hu.gif

I don't vaccinate my birds for anything right now. If they come from the hatchery, I do for Mercks but in most cases, I don't. I had one Spitzhauben that was vaccinated for Mercks and she came down with it after a year old. The rest of the birds were unaffected at all.

MG, I have to say, once you know the flock has been vaccinated or has MG, I would not buy anything from them because I would risk exposure to my flock. I had a friend that had MG (started by bringing home a bird from a show, came down with it, spread to her flock like wildfire...damage was done), I refused to go to her farm to visit nor get any birds nor allow her to come to my yard. Sad, isn't it? She lost over 75 birds and only had five chickens left that was "immune" to it.

Quote:
Dad had put the lights on the hens a couple of weeks ago. He said we're up to 3 eggs a day. If they keep that up we should be able to get you guys some eggs. I've been keeping in touch with Keith as you know. Hopefully by the end of the month we can get up to 5 a day then you guys should be able to get about 50 eggs.
Jonathan

Quote:
Hey Peter -
Would those lav fav eggs still be $99 if I order them as Self Blue?
hide.gif

Sam

Oh, for you Sam? Why I think we could do a lot better on that! rofl Oh and I should further explain that a pair consists of two brothers so you can make your own splits!
peter

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom