Faverolles Thread

Quote:
An auction, but I don't have access to the emails any more to tell ya the source, now. (Had a computer crash in the interim.) I don't think they were BYC eggs, but from eBay. I get hatching eggs from both places. Sorry!

I didn't know there WERE Blue Salmon Faverolles. (I'm not very savvy about breeds, I just loved the look of the hens and their reputed friendliness, which is very very true.)

Quote:
Bridgette told me that Karen bought that roo from her.
smile.png

A lot of the hens had butterscotch beards... I thought at first it was the light. I love Bridgette's hens, nice even color & white beards.
Congrats on your Bantam wins
big_smile.png

I did really like her birds.
smile.png

I thought Faverolle beards were supposed to be cream though, not white??

And thanks. I was really proud of the little man.
smile.png
He loves cochins and he was surrounded by them. The faverolle hen next to him got so mad she was pecking his tail, because he was paying so little attention to her.

Last edited:
Quote:
An auction, but I don't have access to the emails any more to tell ya the source, now. (Had a computer crash in the interim.) I don't think they were BYC eggs, but from eBay. I get hatching eggs from both places. Sorry!

I didn't know there WERE Blue Salmon Faverolles. (I'm not very savvy about breeds, I just loved the look of the hens and their reputed friendliness, which is very very true.)

Are they blue like this?:

15879_henrysboy.jpg
15879_comerroo1_2.jpg

Oh, and I just ask where they came from because pasofinofarm on here has a mixed flock of salmon and blue salmons...don't know if she sells on ebay though, and I don't think she has here in a while...

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, I feel so sad for you! I hope I am not faced with the same issue when I move in a couple of years. I wish I was closer - I would take them from you. Please post here again if no one answers - sometimes posts get lost. Good luck!

Quote:
Oh, I feel so sad for you! I hope I am not faced with the same issue when I move in a couple of years. I wish I was closer - I would take them from you. Please post here again if no one answers - sometimes posts get lost. Good luck!

Thanks so much. I really hate to do this. I've tried to think of every way I can to keep them, and put if off for as long as I can. They have been laying great all winter. The favs are such sweet chickens. I even found the photo I sent my daughter on my phone:

55361_img00021-20101213-1108.jpg

They're recessive white, from Pasifino farms. That was a photo of them waiting to come out and play in the yard. You can tell they have their winter 'coat' on compared to the summer pics! I really want all of the favs to be sold together.

Last edited:
Quote:

Thanks so much. I really hate to do this. I've tried to think of every way I can to keep them, and put if off for as long as I can. They have been laying great all winter. The favs are such sweet chickens. I even found the photo I sent my daughter on my phone:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/55361_img00021-20101213-1108.jpg

They're recessive white, from Pasifino farms. That was a photo of them waiting to come out and play in the yard. You can tell they have their winter 'coat' on compared to the summer pics! I really want all of the favs to be sold together.

Is there someone you can contact in Virginia that can rent some space to you or can take your birds? Ironically, I am getting birds from someone in VA but I'm meeting them at the Delmarva Show the first week in March, so they are bringing them to me. How about going on the VA thread and trying to hook up with someone there?

Thank you Mame, I will try and give that a shot - I hope I didn't wait too long
sad.png

In three weeks I'll be in a hotel and I'll have to go the Craig's list route. I really really really do not want to do that.

I really appreciate the idea!

hi everyone, I posted this under hatcheries, but was told of this thread and this is probably a much better place for it. I got three Salmon favorelles from Murray Mcmurray in the ornamental layer collection two years ago, I only have one left now, but they have been our favorites, I searched the swaps last year looking for some, finding only one hen, out of the ones we had only one is even close to being usable in a breeding program. At the moment I don't have a incubator, though I may get one later this spring. I was hoping for opinions on which hatchery would have the best quality (though I know none will be great) I want them good enough I can work towards better, not have most of them needing to be sold I know the ones we got from Mcmurray are not good quality, they have nice muffs and beards but two had tons of black in them and the other two had more of a salmon colored muff and chest then the cream it should of been.
Does anyone here ship chicks? I would love to go with a breeder over a hatchery, but with no incubator it kind of rules out eggs, unless a hen decides to go broody, but then it might be to sudden to get eggs shippped.
If I decide to go with Hatchery what would you all recomend? and has anyone heard of Estes Hatchery? or have any idea what there Salmon Favorelles look like?
examples from different hatcherys would be great. Its nice to really see birds that come from each hatchery.
My avitar is the best looking of the hens we had from Mcmurray, she was killed last fall by a hawk. The one we have left now is a sweetie but is mostly black on her muff/beard/chest.
Thanks in advance for the advice.
Melissa

Back
Top Bottom