Faverolles Thread

buffbeauty is in Arkansas ;)
Cloverleaf,

You know every one and every thing.
bow.gif
I am really enjoying chatting with you. I finally got my classified posted. No replies, but alot of views. My Arkansas thread may lead me somewhere. I am locating some local swaps and chatting with a couple of people who might know people who are interested, but you know how that goes.
hu.gif

Hi ! I'm new to the faverolles, but am now totally in love with mine. I happened to see a pair at a local auction and bought them because I thought the rooster was really pretty. Soon after, it was the hen that captured my heart. Maybelline lives for attention and cherry tomatoes. She will leap vertically 2 feet to grab a tomato from my hand. if I hold my arms out, she flies to me to be held. I've never had a chicken show so much affection. She begs to be let out when I go to feed and follows me from pen to pen. I thought maybe she was just a special individual, but I bought 3 faverolle chicks last month and the female is showing signs of being just as friendly. This chick runs to me when I come in to feed and wants to sit on my foot when I walk. Are they all this friendly ? Also, I see they come in a white variety. Does anyone know where I can get any ? I want more salmons too if anyone has any to sell.

Hi ! I'm new to the faverolles, but am now totally in love with mine. I happened to see a pair at a local auction and bought them because I thought the rooster was really pretty. Soon after, it was the hen that captured my heart. Maybelline lives for attention and cherry tomatoes. She will leap vertically 2 feet to grab a tomato from my hand. if I hold my arms out, she flies to me to be held. I've never had a chicken show so much affection. She begs to be let out when I go to feed and follows me from pen to pen. I thought maybe she was just a special individual, but I bought 3 faverolle chicks last month and the female is showing signs of being just as friendly. This chick runs to me when I come in to feed and wants to sit on my foot when I walk. Are they all this friendly ? Also, I see they come in a white variety. Does anyone know where I can get any ? I want more salmons too if anyone has any to sell.

Welcome to the wonderful world of favorelles! Mine are just as friendly as you had described. Even the boys. Do you have bantam or LF?

hi guys n gals :)

just an update:

I listed my whole flock for sale, minus 2 that belong to my kids, to make space for the faverolles. I am also picking up a dozen black ameraucana eggs, so that should give me time to get the breeder cages set up. But I have the opportunity to get some really nice SF so I am working on prioritizing and making space in the main coop and the backyard :)

I cant wait to get my hands on some SF! I love hearing your stories about these neat chickens.

Hey y'all. Would some of you be kind enough to tell the OP and I what is up with the colors on the strange looking chicks? Both are supposed to be LF SF's.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/676150/black-sf-pullet-or-way-cool-jr-pic-heavy#post_9132886

Thanks in advance!

bird-brain, this happened to me too. I got a chick that was supposed to be pullet, and it's so a boy. :( I am sorry, I'm mad too!
So you think the chick is a roo in the making??????? NOOOOOOOOO! I have another one just like it and possibly a third! This is unbelievable. The breeder sold me 5 SF's 4 pullets and one roo. It's all in another thread of mine but the chick in the pic started sneezing a few hours after I picked them up and everyone of them has been ill. One died and one is still touch and go and now I find out he also probably sexed them wrong?! I can't believe this.

Back
Top Bottom