Faverolles Thread

You had young LFs that were skittish? My FMs are the worst of my flock.

My 5-6 week olds are all over me, it's funny! They see me coming and they run up. If I sit on the step they get on my lap, 4 on each leg, or one on the shoulder! My adults are always under my feet, I have to look around before I move.

Where'd you get your birds?

You had young LFs that were skittish? My FMs are the worst of my flock.

My 5-6 week olds are all over me, it's funny! They see me coming and they run up. If I sit on the step they get on my lap, 4 on each leg, or one on the shoulder! My adults are always under my feet, I have to look around before I move.

Where'd you get your birds?
It's actually really common for them to get goofy for a while before they reach maturity. ;)

I got to see my museum babies today FINALLY!!! (For the newer folks on this thread, I sold a big bunch of chicks to the High Desert Museum in Bend, Oregon last Summer). They have a great set up. After culling, they have six hens and one cock. A couple of the girls were smaller than anything I would've kept, but there are 2 hens in there that are really nice, and the cock, from what I could see (he was very busy dust bathing) is very wide and low. All in all, super nice.

AND on my way out, I stopped in to talk to the ladies in the gift shop, and mentioned that the chickens seem to be the only animals that weren't represented in there, and they asked for a batch of the club's brochures to stock both at the entrance and in the gift shop. She said that people are constantly asking them what kind of birds they are because they want some too. Multiple people told me that the chickens are the stars of the whole place (and that's saying something, because they have otters, bald and golden eagles, owls, lizards, snakes, turtles, etc)....I did have to wonder if the culls were used to feed the birds of prey...LOL

I'll post pics soon!
big_smile.png

I have a Salmon Faverolle that I got from our local co-op. So obviously hatchery quality. This is my first time owning chickens so I still am learning. Been thinking she was a girl but wondering if her saddle feathers tell a diffrent story?

Here are some pics from today. She is 11 weeks old.

I have a Salmon Faverolle that I got from our local co-op. So obviously hatchery quality. This is my first time owning chickens so I still am learning. Been thinking she was a girl but wondering if her saddle feathers tell a diffrent story?

Here are some pics from today. She is 11 weeks old.

Pullet

Yeah my faverolles never wanted much to do with me until they were mature. My 5 week old that I currently have is terrified of people and not friendly at all. I am sure she and her Marans buddy will mellow out soon. I will post pictures of the chicken palace my and my roommate are building for the girls. Plenty of room for the 6 of them (we are only supposed to have 4) oh well.

Here ya go Henry...they aren't great pics, but she's at "that" age...LOL I love how much color she has. Her sister isn't quite as colorful as her, but they are both very typy...

Great looking girl Jeanine! She looks awesome. Very typey and your right at a certain age its really tough to get good pictures of birds. I think its tough to take chicken pictures in general haha.

Back
Top Bottom