Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Um...maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Cool!
bun.gif

I thought they were kinda cool until I did a bit of research and found out that the roosters used die as a result of the collecting process. It seems much more sensible to me to keep the roosters alive and take the feathers sparingly rather than kill the poor animals.

My 14y/o DD took feathers from our birds and attached them to embrodiery floss so she can braid them into her hair for the weekend, then take them out for school. She had a bunch of guinea feathers in this weekend.

I totally want a couple of extensions from my blue sexlink roo. He has THE most gorgeous blue striped saddle and hackle feathers and i'm seriously considering snipping a couple. He'll be super mad at me I'm sure though
smile.png

I took a look at one of my friends and they actually look super easy to do yourself. They were just the feather attached to a tiny bit of hair through one of those little metal crimper things that you use for bead making.

How pretty would these be???
RooRoo.jpg

Last edited:
My GF made these for my granddaughters........used some of my peacock feathers , scale and small eye feathers...

Yes my GF wears them too.

14880_feathers.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the salon today, and noticed that they were advertising feather hair extensions as the latest trend. I looked them up online when I got home, and found out that many of them are made from rooster feathers.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about (thanks, Google):

featherlocks1.jpg

Would you wear this trend?

Definitely! loved your style, featured hair extensions are very much in trend these days. Instead of experimenting it on your natural hairs extensions are better option.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom