February 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I set 5 Easter Egger eggs today. The sire is an Ameraucana/Olive Egger cross, and the dam is an Ameraucana/Barred Rock cross. It would have been six eggs, but I dropped one while I was preparing the incubator. :he

This year has not been kind to me so far, with a disastrous (1/9) New Year’s hatch and a not-much-better than that (2/6) hatch this weekend. Fingers crossed that Valentine’s Day is luckier for me!
I hope things work out better for both of us this time around. We’ll sprinkle a lot of chick dust through this thread!

This is my first time ever trying to hatch eggs, and will be my first chickens! :woot
I have some set to hatch around the 5th. Started with 10, but unfortunately had a 3rd day quitter. :( These will be for what I'm calling my mini pen which will be comprised of bantams and seramas for my son.
My next round will be March if the local Dominiques start laying around their usual time. Super excited to get those from a local conservatory after what felt like an endless search and several dead ends. :celebrate

This is my first time ever trying to hatch eggs, and will be my first chickens! :woot
I have some set to hatch around the 5th. Started with 10, but unfortunately had a 3rd day quitter. :( These will be for what I'm calling my mini pen which will be comprised of bantams and seramas for my son.
My next round will be March if the local Dominiques start laying around their usual time. Super excited to get those from a local conservatory after what felt like an endless search and several dead ends. :celebrate
Welcome and how very eggs-citing! 😁 I warn you, it’s an addictive hobby for sure!

Well, it's against my better judgement to hatch in coldest month out of the year but I have two broody hens, one that I haven't been able to break for over a month so I gave in, lol. They've been sitting for a week and so far so good! I gave them 6 eggs and 1 didn't start developing so now we wait to see what hatches out of the 5 fertilized eggs!

Well, it's against my better judgement to hatch in coldest month out of the year but I have two broody hens, one that I haven't been able to break for over a month so I gave in, lol. They've been sitting for a week and so far so good! I gave them 6 eggs and 1 didn't start developing so now we wait to see what hatches out of the 5 fertilized eggs!
Super exciting! Welcome :D

Back
Top Bottom