February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
My 6yo son is over the moon, he collected and marked eggs from his favourite chicken Broody Bella. stuck them in my little janoel 10 and most are developing! she's hatched countless eggs for me and raised many day olds, but only ever had one chick of her own since she's usually in the pet pen without a rooster. Living up to her name she's gone broody yet again so I will return her eggs to her

I almost ordered the kebbonix. Had it in my Amazon cart for weeks! It looks like a fantastic incubator and I love the size. Was going to keep it in the kitchen. Lol. Not sure I made the right choice for the styrofoam one, but too late to change that now. Haha. Didn’t really think about cleaning, which should be interesting with a styrofoam incubator. 🥴
There is so much information out there it’s hard to know what to get! The kebbonix is small but ticked a lot of the boxes I wanted. Plus more affordable (shipping to Canada it was around $180) since chicken start up has been a bit costly in the beginning. I almost went with a hovabator instead.

There is so much information out there it’s hard to know what to get! The kebbonix is small but ticked a lot of the boxes I wanted. Plus more affordable (shipping to Canada it was around $180) since chicken start up has been a bit costly in the beginning. I almost went with a hovabator instead.
I actually checked amazon the other day for the Kebbonix just to drool over it. LOL and it's no longer available! Not sure if they are sold out or what, but I definitely think you made a wise choice. I'm a total newbie, but from everything I've read it seems very solid.

Can you all just confirm. Sorry I'm such a newbie here. This is Day 7. So first one I assume is a goner. Not sure what I'm seeing there, but it looks gory. Second one seems okay? And third would be a clear?

Out of six shipped 55 Flowery hen eggs, only one seems to show development. How sad... Really wanted to add those to our flock. lol. One FCBM seems to be developing and the other looks clear, but not sure since the shell is so dark. Same thing with legbars one looks good and one seems clear. I'll candle the local eggs later. Hoping they look better. 😅

IMG_0791.jpg IMG_0787.jpg IMG_0788.jpg

My 6yo son is over the moon, he collected and marked eggs from his favourite chicken Broody Bella. stuck them in my little janoel 10 and most are developing! she's hatched countless eggs for me and raised many day olds, but only ever had one chick of her own since she's usually in the pet pen without a rooster. Living up to her name she's gone broody yet again so I will return her eggs to her
My frizzle usually goes broody before I get to hatch her eggs. I have some of her egg, but I am not sure they are fertile. Others are though. Currently my BCM is broody, and she is young.

Can you all just confirm. Sorry I'm such a newbie here. This is Day 7. So first one I assume is a goner. Not sure what I'm seeing there, but it looks gory. Second one seems okay? And third would be a clear?

Out of six shipped 55 Flowery hen eggs, only one seems to show development. How sad... Really wanted to add those to our flock. lol. One FCBM seems to be developing and the other looks clear, but not sure since the shell is so dark. Same thing with legbars one looks good and one seems clear. I'll candle the local eggs later. Hoping they look better. 😅

View attachment 3387397View attachment 3387398View attachment 3387399
Hmm... I don't really know what we're seeing. My eggs are on day 13 and I candled them today and I had 2 quitters... One of my quitters looked like picture 3. but it's day 7 so I'd say just leave them there for a bit and check on day 14 maybe. Not sure.

Hmm... I don't really know what we're seeing. My eggs are on day 13 and I candled them today and I had 2 quitters... One of my quitters looked like picture 3. but it's day 7 so I'd say just leave them there for a bit and check on day 14 maybe. Not sure.
Thank you! 🙏

View attachment 3387397View attachment 3387398View attachment 3387399
It would help if you candled at the fat end. ;)

Back
Top Bottom