February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
Pop them in the incubator but don't turn them for first and second day, third day turn them.
Thank you. I did wait around 7 hours to put them in. I wanted to get to room temp and at least settle down a little. I found a lot of detached air cells so they will have to be incubated upright and hand turning. We shall see how this goes. Thanks again.

same egg just a day or so later; so the spots aren’t getting in the way of development. 9/9 so far on the home made mini 17quart cooler/incubator. Exciting, even pulled my pregnant wife outta bed to see them. LOL.

I’m at 48hrs almost exactly and figured I’d peek at an egg or two. Still don’t have much familiarity with what I’m looking for but this is what I saw. Has two dark little dots in these light colored eggs, another egg has just one dot. Summary, my first hatch and first time incubating eggs and first time everything chicken related.

Thoughts anyone?

View attachment 2509860View attachment 2509863
BD7B08B2-E6E3-43BA-82D2-2BF50679D4E1.jpeg

Also, I’m on day 4 I think. And I missed two eggs in my afternoon turning. So they got this mornings turn at 8ish and just now 10:45. Yesterday they did get 5 turns in.
Anyone else forget to turn everyone?

Ironically it’s the only olive and speckled brown egg in the bunch. They were nasty when I picked them up so I researched my butt off and took the gamble. I cleaned them off, then a bleach rinse. Just those two. I figured it was clean then and attempt, or scrap them because they were covered in egg, gunk, old shell, little poop etc

Back
Top Bottom