February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
I got 12 mixed eggs from Greenfire Farms, 1 wasn't fertile. I added 2 of my Maran eggs in case some didn't hatch. But today was hatch day and all 13 eggs hatched! I'll get a picture later when they are all fluffed up. 2 Blue Marans (mine), 2 Queen Silvia, 3 Female Crested Cream Legbars, 2 Freisan Gull and 4 White Marans. 😊

I got 12 mixed eggs from Greenfire Farms, 1 wasn't fertile. I added 2 of my Maran eggs in case some didn't hatch. But today was hatch day and all 13 eggs hatched! I'll get a picture later when they are all fluffed up. 2 Blue Marans (mine), 2 Queen Silvia, 3 Female Crested Cream Legbars, 2 Freisan Gull and 4 White Marans. 😊
Congratulations!🥰

Set of 9 my EE backcrosses (Ameraucana) in and all 9 hatched on hatchday! I love my MagicFly! ... some have 5 toes and feathered feet..... Momma didnt, nor did Daddy... Are those recessive traits when not shown in the parents?
Interesting! Feathered feet and 5 toes is usually dominant. Could be some Silkie or faverolle somewhere in their background. Is it possible any other roosters could be the father of some of the chicks?😊

Dads are all pure Ameraucana, Moms are unknown EE with 4 toes and no feathered feet
Congratulations on the babies. 🥰 Genetics can be strange. I have had pure silkie chicks hatch with 4 toes on one foot, 5 on the other. Must be something from the EE moms, they are created with different breeds. Do you have photos of the chicks?

Of the 3 eggs left here going into day 20, one has internally pipped, one is thinking about it (shadowing at the bottom of the egg into the air cell) and one looks like it is DIS. Was fine day 18, looks like it may have internally pipped into a vein, not sure. Will leave it in for now.
Hope to report back in a few days with at least ONE chick!😕

First of the year and first ever Araucana hatchling at Awakening Forest. I just started with these guys and they are a lot of trouble.
:he
But here we are with a tiny little peep and it’s all about love ❤💕 :love
8CB4A405-791F-4CF3-A625-453007A211D3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom