Feed Store Chick with one splayed leg, Slipped tendon?

Chick name suggestions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poor thing. I'd put the tendon back in, and wrap it forward this time instead of backwards. It's just so hard to wrap it correctly to where the tendon can't get back out. Do you have any pics of how it was wrapped before?

Poor thing. I'd put the tendon back in, and wrap it forward this time instead of backwards. It's just so hard to wrap it correctly to where the tendon can't get back out. Do you have any pics of how it was wrapped before?
Thank you! I have some photos of it with the cast on. It’s kind of hard to tell how the leg is wrapped as I didn’t get photos after I took the straw off straw. I’ll post them in a second. It’s definitely hard to wrap it correctly hopefully we can get it right this time. :)

Poor thing, it is hard to know if you have it correctly placed, they are so small and fragile too. I agree with the advice, luckily you checked when you did so you can quickly fix it.

Photos of before-
3AAD7DF6-6712-48A4-AC2F-E921944E1968.jpeg

E51D6F74-A22E-49C4-91E8-DD739B452423.jpeg

Photos of now-
99D27436-467F-4EC3-95A6-B56D63CBD508.jpeg

BDC7D8F6-3765-4963-8F92-0401E8526899.jpeg

Sorry about the photo quality, it’s pretty bad. 🤦‍♀️

Poor thing, it is hard to know if you have it correctly placed, they are so small and fragile too. I agree with the advice, luckily you checked when you did so you can quickly fix it.
I know, I’m glad I did too. Now that I feel like I know what yo look for, I’ll just hope it stays in place. :fl
We also made her a new sling. Took a clear Rubbermaid container snd stretched vet weep around it. Seems like it might work better than the cup. Cross my golfing era for this sweet girl. Thanks for the help everyone!

Hey everyone, unfortunately I don't have good news. Poor Ebony tried to crawl out of her sling, and was hung upside down. She didn't make it. 😭 Thank you all for your help, I'm so sad that this happened, it's so so hard to learn the hard way.
Currently trying to find a friend for Zorro, but I think I have a friend with babies that will help us out. Thank you all again for the help, I'm afraid she may have been to stressed from this morning already.

Oh I am so so sorry, it's horrible when lose any of them. You tried your very best and sometimes these things happen with no warning. For the time she had she was loved and cared for so remember you did everything you could.

Oh I am so so sorry, it's horrible when lose any of them. You tried your very best and sometimes these things happen with no warning. For the time she had she was loved and cared for so remember you did everything you could.
Thank you, it is very hard. I wish I could have done more for her, though I will never regret that I tried. I will just know how to do it better next time. Thank you so much. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom