Feeder goldfish from the State Fair

Oh ok well thanks for all your help, let's just hope I win!
1f600.png
1f61c.png

Ya but I don't no where to buy one at. So I have $10 held back and I will never spend more than that on any stupid rigged game at the fair

I was working in the livestock tent on the last day of the fair last year. The guys with the "win a fish" booth were going to dump their leftover fish in a puddle and just leave, but another person who was also working with the livestock convinced them to bag the fish and she gave them away to anyone that would take them. My kids and I wound up with 6 that we really weren't prepared for; 4 of them are still alive.:)

I used to put goldfish in my stock tanks. The kept the algae down, the tanks clean and ate the mosquito larvae.

Will it need a air pump? I heard that goldfish didn't need them but I wanted to make sure.
Whether or not the fish need an air pump has to do with how many fish are in the tank and if there is enough oxygen available for the number of fish. It has nothing whatever to do with what kind of fish they are. I would get a pump. Better to be safe than sorry.

They won't grow that big in a tank. The size of their enclosure governs the growth.
Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread....

But this is one of the biggest myths EVER! That's like saying a cow will only grow as big as it's pen.

They can grow up to a foot long yes! And they are a highly invasive, hardy and prolific species. Please do not flush them or release them alive. They do survive.

How big it gets will depend on many factors including health, nutrition, and genetics. But they will grow large and can live easily 10 years.

Whether or not the fish need an air pump has to do with how many fish are in the tank and if there is enough oxygen available for the number of fish. It has nothing whatever to do with what kind of fish they are. I would get a pump. Better to be safe than sorry.
It does have to do with what kind of fish you have. Some will got to the top to get air and others will not.

Also if you have a back filter with water running, it is pushing the air down in manually.

Air pumps are good for running decorations or under gravel filters ( not recommended). Also the fish sometimes like to hang out in the bubble curtains.

Back
Top Bottom