Feeder Help (post pics!!)

Den in penn I like the wooden trough hopper type deal you got going on there, think maybe you could send some different pics of it to get somewhat of an idea on how to make it?

Magazine feeders are scalable. This one is four feet long, the magazine is ten inches high. Holds 50+ lbs of feed. One could make the top cover large enough to keep the most of the rain off.
I like the trough hopper style feeder, could you possibly get a few closer pictures of it so I can get an idea on how to make one?

I have the same pvc feeder as above but mine just stick through the wall so I don't have to cap them and the birds can't get on top them to poop everywhere . I seen somewhere else that someone had to add a couple inches to the feeder because of waste but my chickens aren't getting anything on the ground

That is about the best picture to see how it is constructed. If you click on it It will open up in a larger picture. The end pieces are the form the body panels are fastened to. The body panels were cut on a table saw set to the angles needed to butt join for the bottom slide out. If I were to build another one I would make the trough a little wide then the four inches it extends out on this one. I would also add a plate on the front of the magazine that I could raise and lower to adjust the feed rate with. The height and width is flexible on these type of feeders. Someone on here built one to fit in between the studs of the coop, so it actually was built into the wall.

Back
Top Bottom