Feeding

TCRferrets

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 3, 2013
Hi i always wanter quail but never thought i would have any but the other mounth someone donated some food to the rescue of some cockrals whitch had to be used but the were 5 quail in with the "food" well i couldnt use them so i have got 4 hens and a cock anyway my plan is to breed then use the chicks as food

anyway i have a few questions

We have chickens so we use layers pellets would it be ok to feed them ?

Do you leave food in 24/7 of feed so much ?

What incubator (cheep) dose everyone recomend im in UK ?

I will have more questions soon LOL

Hi i always wanter quail but never thought i would have any but the other mounth someone donated some food to the rescue of some cockrals whitch had to be used but the were 5 quail in with the "food" well i couldnt use them so i have got 4 hens and a cock anyway my plan is to breed then use the chicks as food

anyway i have a few questions

We have chickens so we use layers pellets would it be ok to feed them ? No, you need to get them on gamebird food. Chicken feed does not have enough protein or the proper type of protein for quail.

Do you leave food in 24/7 of feed so much ? Yes, free choice food, 24/7

What incubator (cheep) dose everyone recomend im in UK ? Google incubators on line.

I will have more questions soon LOL Someone will be here to answer them. :)

Oh, and welcome to BYC and the quail forums!

Thanks twocrows :-D

they are on game bird food but as we have layers pelets i just wonderd if we could use them

i have googled for incubators but normaly you ask on fourums to see what people recomend

Oh...and be careful with layer feed and feeding your male quail. There is too much calcium in layer feed and it can destroy their kidneys over time.

TCR, I'm planning on getting some eggs from my sister soon. These will be my first. I've ordered the Hova Bator Genesis 1588 because that was one of the few that people seemed to recommend.

Oh...and be careful with layer feed and feeding your male quail. There is too much calcium in layer feed and it can destroy their kidneys over time.
Thanks but i wont have that problem as i feed gamebird food but i was just asking if i "could" use layers as we use them for the chickens but i wont use them :)
TCR, I'm planning on getting some eggs from my sister soon. These will be my first. I've ordered the Hova Bator Genesis 1588 because that was one of the few that people seemed to recommend.
Iv been reeding alot of good things about the hovabator but i cant find them that easy in the uk ........have you got a link please :-D

I'm so sorry for taking so long to reply. I just saw your request. This is the incubator I bought: http://www.amazon.com/GQF-1588-Gene...431986&sr=8-1&keywords=genesis+hovabator+1588 The link is to Amazon. I have it up and running now. I ended up getting eggs from James Marie Farms because I could not get down to my sister's. They should be hatching on Sunday or Monday. Did you get an incubator, and if so, what kind did you get. Let us know how it performs for you!

Back
Top Bottom