Fence charger suggestion

katharinad

Overrun with chickens
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Southern Oregon Mountains
We are building new coups and fenced in areas for our ducks. The two outdoor pens will be about 40x100 feet or so. They are right next to each other sharing a fence. They are also attached to a building with power. We basically need the outside perimeter protected against skunks, raccoons, foxes, and coyotes. Our property is fenced and cross fenced and coyotes haven't made it in in years. The rest however did and still does. We trap where we can, but you know you only need one to get in to cause a lot of trouble.

Anyway, we are looking for input on a good charger that is not to expense to purchase, but reliable and wont break down right away. A good quality system. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Katharina

There are a lot of charger options at TSC and Lowes. I think that I will go with one of the Parmak Horse Surround chargers when I put up my new chicken run. It is a bit more than Chinese made but if it is built here then it is money well spent. ETA these do need to be protected from the elements.

Last edited:
I use a Zareba 50mi charger from TSC.. I have no idea where it was made -- probably China -- but it's been in service for several years now, 24/7/365 (except when the power's out
lau.gif
) and has given me no problems whatsoever.

Well...unless you count accidentally zapping the snot outta yerself a problem.
tongue.png

True Value just got some new lines in their warehouse. For less than $25.00 I got one to replace an old weed burner that I was using to energize less than 200 feet of wire. Has plenty of zap to it.

Back
Top Bottom