Few Questions One Not Concerning A Hatcherie

One last thing I want to throw out there.... I know you say so many times in your profile you "just want chicks" but remember they are only cute fluffy chicks for a couple of weeks and before long they are pretty, but not fluffy and cute, chickens. 

Yes, I know that.

Throwing this out:
If I end up getting my chicks the breeds would be:
GLW
BO
RIR
Buff Silkie
And a BA.

That is good to keep in mind, though I've read a lot on here that silkies tend to get picked on by large fowl. I don't know personally though because I'm just not into them and have never had one. Also, RIR can be a bit cranky. Mine is not too bad but she is definitely a take charge kind of girl. I'm sure there might be some sweet ones out there too, though, lol. May I ask how you came up with your breed list? Looks, eggs, etc. There's no wrong answer here, just asking :)

I had something else to say but forgot so I'll be back in a while when I remember!

ETA That was quick but now I remember. I can't remember if you said you will be able to free range at all, and if so how often and for how long.

Last edited:
Throwing this out:

If I end up getting my chicks the breeds would be:

GLW

BO

RIR

Buff Silkie

And a BA.

That is good to keep in mind, though I've read a lot on here that silkies tend to get picked on by large fowl. I don't know personally though because I'm just not into them and have never had one. Also, RIR can be a bit cranky. Mine is not too bad but she is definitely a take charge kind of girl. I'm sure there might be some sweet ones out there too, though, lol. May I ask how you came up with your breed list? Looks, eggs, etc. There's no wrong answer here, just asking :)

I had something else to say but forgot so I'll be back in a while when I remember!

ETA That was quick but now  I remember. I can't remember if you said you will be able to free range at all, and if so how often and for how long. 

I used to have a RIR, Sweetest thing around :love :love
I keep them as pets, and eggs once I have enough from my other girls.And then sell them.
That's what I choice from my Hatchery I want to order from(chickens from backyards)the GLW and the RIR are teccnically my L.Sisters, but we ALL know how that goes :lau

I would be able to free range them, about once Aday.Expect for days I'm really busy.And, about 4-5 hours A day.

Okay good and the other question is where do you live? You don't have to be specific. I mean, somewhere that has mild weather all year, somewhere with a rainy season, somewhere that gets snow, etc. A general area of the USA (assuming that's where you are)

Okay good and the other question is where do you live? You don't have to be specific. I mean, somewhere that has mild weather all year, somewhere with a rainy season, somewhere that gets snow, etc.  A general area of the USA (assuming that's where you are)

I'm in Maine.Weather varies so much it's like this: :eek: :th

What I mean is, it can be cold,snowy and 4 feet of snow in winter, or it can be 1" of snow.Or none at all.And spring/summer can be hot or normal.No telling really :lau

Back
Top Bottom