Figuring out how to use this new forum platform

In your profile under "edit account details" scroll down to forum preferences and you will see a drop down list with choices for how many posts per page you want to see. It's a GFM/PPM member special. :)
I'm a GFM - and I followed the above instructions - but there was not a drop down list for how many posts per page. I, too, had 75 posts per page in the old forum, and it's tedious having to load a new page so often.

In your profile under "edit account details" scroll down to forum preferences and you will see a drop down list with choices for how many posts per page you want to see. It's a GFM/PPM member special. :)

ep.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif
didn't they say we would like the changes?

The function is fantastic. Visually it looks like a collage to me. The visual cues need work so our brains can sort out what is important to us more easily. WHAT DO YOU THINK? See what I mean? Where did your eye go first?

With well over 100K members and many changes, not every member will like every change. That is not even possible to achieve.

realize that... but never expected the very basic standards which I've come to expect to disappear. There are positive changes, there are negative changes and there are neutral changes. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to classify each change, but losing the ability to look at more than 10 posts is definitly a negative change. How high of a priority I decide that is, has yet to be decided.

edit to add: just found the thumbs up tool -- now that is a positive change!

Last edited:
I finally figured out how to post... And get pages to load faster the 2-3 minutes each... Whooo hooo I'm on a role. It only took me most of the day but that's ok now off to figure out where my posted threads and subscribed treads are. I'm only mobile so I don't have a mouse to hover over and bring down little pop up menu window thingys... :)

Back
Top Bottom