Final Update...HELP!!!! found a baby rabbit

toyzbox

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Crestview, Fl
Found a bunch of Wabbit Twacks this morning and the last baby is gone. All is well. Thanks again for all the help

make that two

DH found her alone in the field. Almost hit here with a tiller. her eyes are barely opened and we could not find where she came from to try and put her back. We have some puppy formula but I can;t get her to take it

Last edited:
Put her back out there where you found her- mama rabbits leave the babies alone and she'll likely come back. It's also possible that she's older than you think- rabbits leave the nest early. Her survival rate is not very good in captivity.... rabbits are very nervous and hard to take care of.

I'd put it down.
sad.png
Wild rabbits are very difficult to keep alive, even when they're older and can eat on their own.

thanks wild. it said look at the second paragraph. If it is that big it's ok. What second pap\
agraph? I only see pics at the top

Have you tried one of those tiny little bottles with the little nipple on it? If you use a syringe or dropper be careful that you don't give them too much at a time b/c they can get pneumonia from aspirating the liquid into their lungs. We have raised baby squirrels on both the puppy and kitten formulas. If they won't take that then maybe you could try some pedialyte (clear) so they won't get dehydrated. You could try to google a licensed wildlife rehabilitator in your area or maybe an area park district. Good luck

The mother may have gotten attacked by a predator or hit by a car. I would try to find a wildlife rehab center where they are better equipped to take care of them until they are healthy and old enough to be released back into the wild.

Back
Top Bottom