Finally got pics of my bantam chicks from Ideal

bantamsrmyfav

Crossing the Road
12 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I got the bantam special from Ideal on May 11 and then again on May 18, got too many so the last three pics of the chicks I think are roos so if anyone in northern California wants them, they're free..some of the others I'm selling in the buy n sell section.

PicturesMay22003.jpg

PicturesMay22005.jpg

Golden sebright, I hope it's a hen!

PicturesMay22015.jpg

looking at the camera
love.gif

PicturesMay22018.jpg

this one too, I think it's a porcelain OE

PicturesMay22017.jpg

PicturesMay22016.jpg

The one with a black dot on it's head is probably a japanese, hoping for a girl
fl.gif

PicturesMay22022.jpg

one of my fav's a porcelain d'Uccle

PicturesMay22046.jpg

I can't get a good picture of the golden laced Cochin for some reason, she is the cutest chick I've seen,
she closes one eye and opens and closes it when I pick her up lol, will have to try again for a pic another time..
she is the dark one at the drinking fountain in this pic

ChicksMay23008.jpg

The possible roos..(based on comb development and size:)

Lavender OE- my dog was rather curious with this one

ChicksMay23004.jpg

Black Modern (I think)

ChicksMay23007.jpg

BTB Japanese (I think)

ChicksMay23006.jpg

In your top picture, bottom right, yellow with black stripe....what is that? I got one of these from the pullet bin at Atwood's and I know they use Ideal. It's the only one of mine I can't figure out. Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing! At first I was certain it is an EE, but it has a single comb, since EE's are mixes anyway I'm guessing it's an EE with a single comb?
hu.gif
I'll post pictures as it grows and hopefully that'll clear things up. This is the fun of getting Ideal's assortments though.
yippiechickie.gif

I was told by someone else on here Dark Cornish but the pictures still didn't match exactly so the verdict is still out in my admittedly uneducated opinion.

hmm I wish it were a dark cornish, but one of my chipmunk chicks have a better chance of being a dark cornish although those also have single combs and cornishes have pea combs. Does your chick have a pea comb too?

Well I went and had a look and I do believe it is a pea comb. I hadn't noticed that before mainly because it's about the most standoffish of all of them and I never get to pick it up and give it a close inspection.

Back
Top Bottom