Finally I am getting the coop built!! Still in progress.

Yeah. Got the roof done today and the wife has been painting the inside. If only I can get photbucket to agree with me I'll get some pics up.

It's about time....

Got the roof shingled, built 2 of the 4 doors. By the weekend I should have the vinyl floor in, roosts built and..... cross my fingers chicken in.

Photo0157.jpg

Photo0158.jpg

Photo0163.jpg

Photo0165.jpg

Got the shingles on just in time for the rain to start.... No more water inside....

Photo0166.jpg

Last edited:
Have 16, but it looks like 1 is a roo, and a couple were originally planned for meat, so currently 15 egg layers but the number is subject to change.

Quote:
Its a combination of time and money. I dont have the money for all the materials right now, and I dont have the time to wait. So by getting the inside done first, I can get the chickens moved in, and finish up the exterior after they are in. I do plan on insulating the walls before I finish it. I have leftover insulation from a remodel in our basement. So no added cost there.

Quote:
Its a combination of time and money. I dont have the money for all the materials right now, and I dont have the time to wait. So by getting the inside done first, I can get the chickens moved in, and finish up the exterior after they are in. I do plan on insulating the walls before I finish it. I have leftover insulation from a remodel in our basement. So no added cost there.

Very smart planning. It looks great.

Looks awesome! And great idea for putting the interior walls up first, then doing the exterior when you have more time and money. The biggest pain in the butt I've found with building my coop is not getting it done fast enough for the chickens to move in!

Back
Top Bottom