FINALLY!!!!!! That perfect homemade yellow cake.

Banana Nut Bread

1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box banana pudding instant
4 eggs
1 cup of water
1/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup nuts

Mix all together . 2 loaf pans bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes

Everytime I make this people just love it. It is great try it and let me know what you think. Livia

Ok, so yesterday I made the yellow cake, but had to use margarine instead of butter, but it turned out really good. I also had to use Betty Crocker chocolate frosting because I was a little short on the Hershey's cocoa.

I saw that my DH had a piece of it sometime in the middle of the night, so it must be good.

newnanchic, I can't wait to try the banana bread recipe. Gotta get to the store first.

My DH and DS are going to love me!
love.gif

Last edited:
Here's one more to add to the list.

Banana Nut Bread
(Granny Allison’s Recipe)

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoons soda
1/2-teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
1/2 cups nuts
1/4-cup sour cream
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs beaten
1-teaspoon vanilla

Stir flour, soda and salt together and set aside.
Mash your bananas and set aside.
Chop the nuts and set aside.

Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, vanilla and bananas. By hand, mix in flour and sour cream stirring until all is mixed in then add nuts.

Bake in one 9-inch loaf pan at 350° for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

You can split it up into two smaller loaf pans but reduce your baking time by almost half.

I am so glad that you are going to try it. Nobody would ever guess it is so easy and starts with a cake mix. My 7 yr. old who is the pickest eater in the family LOVES it !!! I even made it and sent to school for his class this year and his Teacher loved it and ask for the recipe. It is great If I do say so myself !!!!

Okay you guys, I have a Banana Pumpkin Bread recipe that all my kids just love. It makes 4 loaves. Here goes...

Banana Pumpkin Bread

2 1/2 cups pureed bananas
1 can cumpkin (29 oz)
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (you could use white I guess, but I've only used whole wheat - you can't even tell)
3/4 cups chopped nuts (optional)

Combine all ingredients except flour. Mix well. Gradually add flour, beating until smooth. Pour into 4 greased and floured 8X4X2 pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done. I start doing the toothpick test at 45 minutes, but it usually takes 5 -10 minutes longer. It comes out moist and yummy. When cool, wrap in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil to freeze extras.

I hope you enjoy!

Bumping for Annie

I'm too lazy to email a picture with this slow dial up. That's the one thing that really SU**S about living so far out of town is you can't get high speed internet!!!!

Okay cake is half gone. I was lazy and baked it in a sheet cake pan. I iced it with a buttercream icing and it was wonderful.

This will now replace the cake mix we use for birthday cakes. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom