Finding lost chick!? How can i locate her at this time?

No. She's never been outside her pen. She's only one or so months old
Our other chicks are always chirping. You can hear it through the coop door.

She was hatched in an incubator. We hand raised. No broody to help us keep an eye on the chicks.
If she’s never been outside her pen, she will recognize the pen as home as that’s where she has spent most her time. With that and the other chicks chirping she should be able to find her way back when she feels it’s time to go to bed.

Sorry I didn't realise it was not a broody mama situation. My suggestion wasn't helpful then.

Did she come back yet?

If she’s never been outside her pen, she will recognize the pen as home as that’s where she has spent most her time. With that and the other chicks chirping she should be able to find her way back when she feels it’s time to go to bed.
Sorry I didn't realise it was not a broody mama situation. My suggestion wasn't helpful then.

Did she come back yet?
No such luck unfortunately.

Sorry to hear she didn’t turn up. My guess is she might have been snatched up by something not long after she left the pen. Which I would say is better that freezing to death, but it would have been nice if she came back.

Sorry to hear she didn’t turn up. My guess is she might have been snatched up by something not long after she left the pen. Which I would say is better that freezing to death, but it would have been nice if she came back.
I agree. But I'm inclined to believe that she was grabbed by the hawk that was hanging around that day.

Back
Top Bottom