Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Congratulations! What a cutie :love
Thank you!
After that big long thread trying to decide what breed of dog to get and you end up where you started, with a Golden :lau
It's kind of ironic but I did learn a LOT about different breeds, so I consider it a success.

get one of every toy and then buy more of what he likes. Keep chew toys with him, and all the stuffy toys keep away and only let him have during play time. So #1 he doesn't destroy them, and #2 so they keep their value.
Exactly the plan!
if your puppy is being a jerk, put it to bed! Puppies get very antsy and energetic when they are tired. Counterproductive, I know.. put them in the crate and pop a blanket over. Your perfect puppy will be back in about an hour.

Potty breaks need to be on leash at first!! Don't let that puppy wander off and get used to not coming when called!
Of course!
Keep a leash on your dog when its in the house, cut the loop off the end of one of your leashes so it doesn't get stuck. if your puppy gets into something or you want your puppy in sight of you, you can reel them back in.
I read that just the other day and that was the plan.
FREEZE YOUR KONGS!!! they last longer that way! buy two if you want, that way you can keep one in the freezer and one out for enjoyment.
Thanks for the tip!

Currently we have two pit bull terriers, who will chew anything other than the big original nylabones up in no time. They get the very large size, and as they gradually sliver them to smaller sizes, we throw them out and get new. the tipping point is 'can she swallow it?' gone!
Our retrievers did have softer mouths, but every dog is different, and err on the side of caution. And get Bitter Apple spray, and hope he hates it!
Mary

Tennis balls are a favorite for all puppies
Tennis balls are a choking hazard for large dogs. The way they are constructed, with that little bit of "give" to them, they can get wedged in a dog's throat, and they are all but impossible to remove once that happens. I've witnessed this and it's terrifying and heartbreaking. I personally won't have anything smaller than a Jolly ball around big dogs.

Tennis balls are a choking hazard for large dogs. The way they are constructed, with that little bit of "give" to them, they can get wedged in a dog's throat, and they are all but impossible to remove once that happens. I've witnessed this and it's terrifying and heartbreaking. I personally won't have anything smaller than a Jolly ball around big dogs.
Dog specific tennis balls are made in all different sizes so maybe you don’t have to worry about that. I’m so sorry to hear that happened though, and honestly I had no idea that could happen :(

Back
Top Bottom