First attack

melissamerry

Songster
7 Years
Aug 17, 2012
Goleta, California
The Adventure ducks are 9 and a half months old and we had our first real attack today. I mean, I've saved the ducks from seagulls, crabs, and even a curious tortoise before, but they were never in any real danger.

But today, we were roaming along in our normal spot. I usually lay out a blanket and read or study while the ducks "free range." They never stray more than ten feet from me. I'm always glancing up to make sure there's no kids, or hawks or anything potentially hazardous lurking. Today I looked up and saw a mini jaguar. I swear this thing looked like that mean jaguar from the Disney movie Tarzan. He charged at the ducks before I could round them up. To my surprise, the three ducks charged back and made a great deal of quacking. Fearless little boogers. He pounced on my girl TreeTrunks and Finn and Jake were biting him nonstop. I poured a pail of water on the cat and he charged off, with Finn and Jake still holding on to him. TreeTrunks even got up and chased him.

I examined TreeTrunks and thankfully she's ok. No scratches. She's walking fine. Just lost a bit of feathers. I rounded them up and stuck them inside my apartment. An hour later the cat was by our back door pawing at the glass. The ducks are going insane, hissing and such. I see a tag on the cat. I'm about to call the number on it and tell them they better fetch their cat.

Here are the fearless white mallards. Nearly gave me a heart attack today.

That is horrible but glad the three are okay. Your video is a fan favorite for my boys to watch!!
Make sure you clean them up and check them over for any bites to make sure they dont need antibiotics for an infections that may come on.

th.gif

Ditto Baylor. Cat scratches wreak all kinds of havoc - something in their saliva, and the proteins on their claws is very troublesome.

I would give some apple cider vinegar in their water, and extra vitamins-electrolytes this week.

Oh my Gawd!! Did you have a stroke!? Jeeez. I bet the ADs are typing on their little ducky forum about how they saved Mom from a mini jaguar today.

I never knew there were white mallards.

Cat bites I know are bad news probably from all the bacteria from the rodents they gobble up. Even scratches can cause cat scratch fever. Didja ever hear about dog scratch fever of course not. Pregnant woman have to avoid cleaning litter boxes so they don't get toxoplasmosis from cats. I can read canine body language. Cat 's lie, they will rub up against your legs l pretending to be friendly. - go to pat them & get raked by lightning fast claws.

The Adventure ducks are 9 and a half months old and we had our first real attack today. I mean, I've saved the ducks from seagulls, crabs, and even a curious tortoise before, but they were never in any real danger.

But today, we were roaming along in our normal spot. I usually lay out a blanket and read or study while the ducks "free range." They never stray more than ten feet from me. I'm always glancing up to make sure there's no kids, or hawks or anything potentially hazardous lurking. Today I looked up and saw a mini jaguar. I swear this thing looked like that mean jaguar from the Disney movie Tarzan. He charged at the ducks before I could round them up. To my surprise, the three ducks charged back and made a great deal of quacking. Fearless little boogers. He pounced on my girl TreeTrunks and Finn and Jake were biting him nonstop. I poured a pail of water on the cat and he charged off, with Finn and Jake still holding on to him. TreeTrunks even got up and chased him.

I examined TreeTrunks and thankfully she's ok. No scratches. She's walking fine. Just lost a bit of feathers. I rounded them up and stuck them inside my apartment. An hour later the cat was by our back door pawing at the glass. The ducks are going insane, hissing and such. I see a tag on the cat. I'm about to call the number on it and tell them they better fetch their cat.

Here are the fearless white mallards. Nearly gave me a heart attack today.

I love that pic. they are just so precious, and thank goodness all are okay. hopefully you didn't find a scratch on them.. Attack ducks that s so cool
cool.png

Thanks for the concerns and advice everyone!

I rechecked her today and she seems to be doing fine.I put some apple cider vinegar in her drinking water just in case. Still pooping and eating. A lot, like normal.
The owner of the cat gave me an earful on the phone for drenching her cat...HAH

Thanks Miss Lydia, I think that picture sums up the ducks tough personas quite well

Back
Top Bottom