First cockerel. How should I treat him as I raise him?

Taming a rooster requires modifying your approach as his hormones develops and become older. Being consistent and predictable will help him understand. Example: Like if he gets a treat at a certain time.
I see. So perhaps it's okay to be less assertive right now, and more so later if he stands up to me as his hormones develop?

@Shadrach has some really good articles. I took his advice and even though my boys are very different from one another personality-wise, they are both nice to me, each other and to their hens and are easing through puberty pretty well.

Will this work on a 6 week old pullet who chases and attacks everyone? She's still in the brooder with everyone and they're all within a couple weeks of each other, but my goodness gracious is she a PITA to everyone 🙄
I think it would, but I think it might only help the person doing it, rather then helping stop her attacking the other chicks.

Will this work on a 6 week old pullet who chases and attacks everyone? She's still in the brooder with everyone and they're all within a couple weeks of each other, but my goodness gracious is she a PITA to everyone 🙄
My cockerel acted the exact same way at 6 weeks still in the brooder, but he grew out of it. But if yours is for sure a pullet though then I'm not sure what to say. I know pullets can also be just as feisty as cockerels with their brooder-mates.

Back
Top Bottom