Apr 28, 2021
Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
Okay Yall I have never heard a rooster crow. Like ever.
I’ve never been around chickens much but yesterday started the first crow from one of our 11 week old cockerels.
I’m dying laughing.
I was working on the new coop screening it in when I first heard it.
My husband and I thought a chicken was getting snatched up by a hawk and we panicked and ran through the woods towards where we thought we heard it. We found chicken feathers and he thought the chickens didn’t go that far down the trail but apparently they do. They were just the downy ones and not like an attack.
When we walked back to the coop we heard it again and found that it was one of ours first crows.
I’m honestly surprised our largest and lead cockerel wasn’t the first to crow as he’s massive in comparison to the rest of the boys.

Today I have poorly recorded through my screen door the culprit cause I’m dying laughing.
He is a Sapphire Gem and what a gem he is 😂

I’m sad I cannot figure out how to upload a video from my phone and maybe I cannot but I’m dying. He gets all big, ruffled up and flaps his wings while he does it.

Is this typical of how they sound the alarm?

I’ve never been around chickens much but yesterday started the first crow from one of our 11 week old cockerels.
I’m dying laughing.
My husband and I thought a chicken was getting snatched up by a hawk and we panicked and ran through the woods towards where we thought we heard it. We found chicken feathers and he thought the chickens didn’t go that far down the trail but apparently they do. They were just the downy ones and not like an attack.
When we walked back to the coop we heard it again and found that it was one of ours first crows.
I’m honestly surprised our largest and lead cockerel wasn’t the first to crow as he’s massive in comparison to the rest of the boys.

Today I have poorly recorded through my screen door the culprit cause I’m dying laughing.

I’m sad I cannot figure out how to upload a video from my phone and maybe I cannot but I’m dying. He gets all big, ruffled up and flaps his wings while he does it.

When one of our silky cockerels first crowed, it sounded like he was being strangled. But he wasn't. It is indeed absolutely hilarious.

To upload a video, post it on a sight like YouTube first. Then post the link here.

I’m dying laughing.

Mine still hasn’t crowed… instead he’s started making the same noise my hen makes 🤦‍♂️, not clucking, more of just a “baaaaaaaaaawk”, it scared me so bad at first, my five older pullets are doing it to but my boys voice is so much different then theirs, my four younger pullets thankfully haven’t started yet and my cockerel is already almost as big (or bigger!) then my pullets that are almost fully grown!

h
Mine still hasn’t crowed… instead he’s started making the same noise my hen makes 🤦‍♂️, not clucking, more of just a “baaaaaaaaaawk”, it scared me so bad at first, my five older pullets are doing it to but my boys voice is so much different then theirs, my four younger pullets thankfully haven’t started yet and my cockerel is already almost as big (or bigger!) then my pullets that are almost fully grown!
Sure he is a cockerel?Do you have pics?

h

Sure he is a cockerel?Do you have pics?
Yep, we’re positive, but here .
It’s hard getting good pictures of him, my cuckoo Marans are skittish

Attachments

• C0D451A4-A35B-4146-9D09-9E7FF8329E3E.jpeg
    C0D451A4-A35B-4146-9D09-9E7FF8329E3E.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 14
  • F4D8F59E-9900-4BBB-9320-FA14D251EE18.jpeg
    F4D8F59E-9900-4BBB-9320-FA14D251EE18.jpeg
    860.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 91B1BBEE-7A77-4062-A343-1FCC3C0431BF.jpeg
    91B1BBEE-7A77-4062-A343-1FCC3C0431BF.jpeg
    688.3 KB · Views: 14
When one of our silky cockerels first crowed, it sounded like he was being strangled. But he wasn't. It is indeed absolutely hilarious.

To upload a video, post it on a sight like YouTube first. Then post the link here.
My Silkie Rooster still crows like this. I thought at first that he was just learning to master the crow, but nope, he was like hear me roar............... But he did add a half second ~uh~ at the end. I uploaded it to YouTube. I'll try to grab the link. Be warned, it's not the normal sounding crows. It's at the end and just a high pitched roar. I recorded it while he was still in the coop, so there's no visual except for the ground. It's so funny to hear that another silkie crows like this

https://youtube.com/shorts/-nxulOgbzYA?feature=share

Back
Top Bottom