I don't see any hackle or saddle feathers on this bird, looks like a pullet? What is the age?
He’s only one or two months, he’s already started getting on the backs of my pullets.
Second one was when he was much younger next to one of my pullets. The comb is much more red and bigger then any of my pullets or young hens.

Attachments

• 8616FDC3-C69D-4C4F-883C-C09A6865CD94.jpeg
    8616FDC3-C69D-4C4F-883C-C09A6865CD94.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 256735C1-DF4F-4C0C-81CB-FC412D6E9D98.jpeg
    256735C1-DF4F-4C0C-81CB-FC412D6E9D98.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 4
He’s only one or two months, he’s already started getting on the backs of my pullets.
Second one was when he was much younger next to one of my pullets. The comb is much more red and bigger then any of my pullets or young hens.
Yes at 1 to 2 months old, big ol comb, he is growing into a roo! I thought the bird may have been older an a maturing pullet. He is a handsome boy! 😍

Yeah, that’s why he’s not crowing! One or two months some can crow but some don’t until later!

My Silkie Rooster still crows like this. I thought at first that he was just learning to master the crow, but nope, he was like hear me roar............... But he did add a half second ~uh~ at the end. I uploaded it to YouTube. I'll try to grab the link. Be warned, it's not the normal sounding crows. It's at the end and just a high pitched roar. I recorded it while he was still in the coop, so there's no visual except for the ground. It's so funny to hear that another silkie crows like this

Thats hilarious XD

Mine still hasn’t crowed… instead he’s started making the same noise my hen makes 🤦‍♂️, not clucking, more of just a “baaaaaaaaaawk”, it scared me so bad at first, my five older pullets are doing it to but my boys voice is so much different then theirs, my four younger pullets thankfully haven’t started yet and my cockerel is already almost as big (or bigger!) then my pullets that are almost fully grown!
Mine was hilarious was all Shakey I have a Cockerel and a pullet of 6-8months the rooster mated with the pullet today and I am so happy

Back
Top Bottom