First Egg Countdown

Beautiful egg! Is it really that deep blue in person? Blue eggs are so hard to photograph!

Bok bok bok bok bok BAGAWWWK!

Pretty egg! Congrats!
Congrats!
Yes you sound more like the egg laying song. I forgot to put the *K* on the end of my description for my *buh-buh-buh*.

Funny how some of my roosters imitate it lately. I've run outside to see who is laying now only to find the dang roosters singing.

The picture was taken when we put the run up, the very first day. Not so pretty now.
sad.png

My first egg from "Mama", red sex link, 16 weeks and 3 days old. The size would be a small. The bad news is that I just stopped the medicated feed about 10 days ago, so after hubby sees that I wasn't BSing him, the furbabies in the house will get to enjoy it.

My girls are red sex links and 17 weeks old now... How long do their combs and wattles stay red for before they start laying? And do they get any redder than this?
I've got a nesting box which a couple have poked around in and one sat in for about half a minute. Not sure if they're squatting for me or just being silly.... I feel like I'm expecting the birth of my first child waiting on these girls to start laying!!
That is exactly what my girl looks like. Keep watching, it will be soon.

I went out around 8:15 to check on our chickens before bed. I went back inside and when I came back at 8:45 there was a soft shelled egg on the ground! That means 2 are laying and I just barely missed seeing who it was.
barnie.gif

^^^yes we found a soft shell egg today, in the yard under one of their favorite cool spots. She might not have been able to make it to the nest box. It was white, meaning it had to be from our other white leghorn. Maybe we will start getting 3 eggs/day???? Hope so!

Back
Top Bottom