First Egg Countdown

It seemed like an eternity waiting for my girls to lay! But all 4 have started laying daily now. And only 1 egg has ever not been in the nest box. I'm so happy! Now, its time to start over! The addiction is in full force, & I just ordered 3 more hens! Should be here August 13-15! PLUS, I got my first 3 Guineas yesterday! :)
My chickens are 20 weeks old now, & they finally all got named yesterday! Couldn't tell the pullets apart, so banded them a few days ago. My rooster is Colonel Sanders and then we all named one of the hens. Mine is Nugget, the smallest. My boyfriend named one Cajun chicken, my 11 yr old named one Pecker (oh my!), and my 12 yr old decided not to stay with the "chicken themed" names, she actually named one Lunch!!!! Lol Wow!!!

Since Wed of last week when we got our very first egg, we have gotten 4 eggs total. 2 eggs have come from one Rhode Island Red for sure. Possibly 3 have come from her and we believe 1 ( the first) came from our Black Orph. Can't wait to get home each day to check and see if I have any more today!!

It seemed like an eternity waiting for my girls to lay! But all 4 have started laying daily now. And only 1 egg has ever not been in the nest box. I'm so happy! Now, its time to start over! The addiction is in full force, & I just ordered 3 more hens! Should be here August 13-15! PLUS, I got my first 3 Guineas yesterday! :)
My chickens are 20 weeks old now, & they finally all got named yesterday! Couldn't tell the pullets apart, so banded them a few days ago. My rooster is Colonel Sanders and then we all named one of the hens. Mine is Nugget, the smallest. My boyfriend named one Cajun chicken, my 11 yr old named one Pecker (oh my!), and my 12 yr old decided not to stay with the "chicken themed" names, she actually named one Lunch!!!! Lol Wow!!!

My 5 year old chose the name Pencil for her
chick. Go figure! A week later she changed it to Abby. ??!

My 5 year old chose the name Pencil for her
chick. Go figure! A week later she changed it to Abby. ??!

Lol! I hope mine changes Lunch's name! Even though Pecker sounds bad, she didn't mean it that way, & I think its kinda cute! But Lunch??

Well after reading on this thread I am feeling a little better about the fact that I am still waiting for my first egg. My EEs were born in the middle of February so maybe I was expecting eggs a little early. I have just moved them into their new coop. I hope that doesn't slow things down any! It is fun to be waiting (kind of like waiting for Christmas) although I am really ready to find an egg. My family keeps asking if I am sure they are not roosters:/

I can finally say it!! We got our first egg today. Found it in the run when I went out to lock up the chickens and bring in the food for the night. WooHoo. Looks pretty darn good for her first egg. Doing the happy dance.

Congrats! Looks like a double yolker.

Woo Hoo! How egg-citement!
We have 3 ISA Browns. Leia, Silver and Garlic. When we got them 5 weeks ago we were told they were POL. But yesterday when we went out to let the girls out what did we find?

We think Silver is the culprit.

Today we got another perfect egg!
It has definitely been worth the wait!
Congrats to you too!

Well after reading on this thread I am feeling a little better about the fact that I am still waiting for my first egg. My EEs were born in the middle of February so maybe I was expecting eggs a little early. I have just moved them into their new coop. I hope that doesn't slow things down any! It is fun to be waiting (kind of like waiting for Christmas) although I am really ready to find an egg. My family keeps asking if I am sure they are not roosters:/

You are really close. A couple more weeks.

Ive heard Amercaunas not sure about EEs but they are part Amercauna ,often lay as late as 9 months .BUT not all b/c my Lav Amercauna layed at 6 1/2 or 7 months old I was thrilled she was early!.

Back
Top Bottom