First Egg Countdown

Getting excited! This morning Goldie squatted and looked like she was trying to lay an egg for me. I thought they squatted before but this one was different. I waited and stared at her but nothing happened. Hoping she gets in the nesting box and does her thing!

Hello and good news!

The little Leghorolles from the Easter HAL who was looking ready just layed her first pink pullet egg. She layed it on the floor of the coop, but she'll figure out the nest box eventually. All her friends were staring in amazement the whole time.
Here it is next to a RSL egg.

Still watching this thread to celebrate everyone's first eggs
smile.png
Congrats! I too got my first egg (yesterday) from a welsummer pullet hatched for the Easter Hatchalong.

YAY!!! It finally happened! First egg from my RIR, Big Red, she sang so loud and made my day when I found it! 23 weeks :eek:)
Congrats!

Well, I didn't think this day would ever come. Got my chicks on March 25, they were 1 day old. Today my Black Australorp gave me my first egg. I couldn't be happier; I was right next to her when she dropped it. Now it won't feel like forever waiting for the other 6 to lay eggs.
Congrats!

Well, it's official. All eight of my girls are laying! The last hold out was one of my RIR bantams. Her first egg is the smallest in this picture. We got our first batch of chicks in March.
It took a long time but was well worth the wait! We have 2 BR, 2 EE, 2 Australorps and a pair of RIR Banties.

woot.gif

Happened for us today! 18.3 week old BR named Popper. So egg-citing!

Congrats!

Getting excited! This morning Goldie squatted and looked like she was trying to lay an egg for me. I thought they squatted before but this one was different. I waited and stared at her but nothing happened. Hoping she gets in the nesting box and does her thing!
fl.gif

So excited!!!! I've been getting one egg for about a month now and this morning was expecting the same when I let my chickens out, but NO I have three
1f600.png
they are all laying now. Just so excited!!! Almost as good as having a grandchild lol (but not quite)

From the looks of it, two different pullets are laying here. That's the last two accounted for, so all of my pullets are confirmed females now

:cd

Back
Top Bottom