First Egg Countdown!!

Here it is next to a normal large egg that I had just bought from the store.

I'm doing the same waiting for the first egg. Mine are about 16 to 18 weeks old they are getting close. Nest boxes are in .

Well congrats, I'm still waiting for my Plymouth Rock to grace me. She's spending alot of time sitting under a bush by my bedroom window making beautiful singing sounds. I don't think she's going to present me with an egg when she does start laying. I think I'll have to crawl under a bush to get my breakfast

Have you tried moving her to a nest box with fake eggs or golf balls? My pullet layed her 2nd egg yesterday and put it right in the nest box. I had just rearranged it and made the golf balls more visible and I guess she thought it seemed safer than the shelf where she layed her first. Also are the nest boxes dark? They like it to be a little dark and private.

Thank you so much! Being a newbie these are things I don't know. I'll be rearranging things this morning. Again thank you.

No problem. I'm pretty new myself, the folks here at Backyard Chickens are pretty helpful though. Between them and reading an occasional book, I've learned a lot about my birds! Still learning from the girls everyday!

Back
Top Bottom