First Egg Countdown!!

I'm a newbie so take this with a grain of salt, but my Plymouth sits under a bush and she makes the most methodic, sweetest sounds I've ever heard. She too is on egg watch. I may be wrong but I believe those are the sounds of a chicken getting ready to deliver. I welcome comments because I too am curious as to the sounds they make, if there are any. For all I know she may be just content to be in that spot.

Again sorry I meant PDZ.

PDZ is a rock that is crushed up, you can by it crushed into about sand size (called granular) or crushed into powder.

The PDZ is very good at helping cut out the stink from chicken poop.

People either use just a little and sprinkle it all through the regular chick bedding, or you can use it out in the run, but then you need to toss out more.

The most popular way to use it however is in the coop underneath each perch. You build a tray under the perch and fill the tray with about three inches deep of the PDZ. Then, it works just like a kitty litter tray. And, you clean it out every day or once a week, with a kitty litter scoop. It is truly almost miraculous how helpful it is and how much it helps with the stink.

Because it is just crushed rock, the chickens can eat it, just like grit, no problems.

People use it in horse stalls, and the bag says Sweet PDZ on it.

Well I don't know if it's the " song" or not but they have started following me everywhere and sitting next to me or wanting to be near me it's so weird ... They are nicer chickens as barred rocks are mostly but like wanting to be held ? Nah not really when there's a whole yard to explore !! Now ? I step out the door and they all start talking and come sit at my feet? What's made them so talkative and social ? I wish they could talk sometimes !! I look at them as ask them " what is with you?! Like serious! "

Welcome! So glad to hear it sounds like lots of people are waiting along with me! I can't wait to hear success stories! I posted a video of the egg song for you guys to hear.

I tried the scratching their back thing - and some did the squat and purr/song thing? Idk

My mil told me to put real eggs in the nest boxes but I put ping pong balls in there tonight . She also told me to let my ducks out in the morning but not to let the chickens out till a lil later to see if they would lay - her bantams don't lay till like 10 - I let my girls out at 7 and hear wierd noises at like 9-10ish ... Idk . Won't hurt so maybe ill try it ?

Back
Top Bottom