Congrats! We know eggsactly how you feel, as we got our first eggs today. We found them outside in the run, and we don’t know which one of our 15 girls laid them. Can’t wait to see many more eggs in the future!!
Spike

Thats awesome! Congrats! And mine laid her first egg yesterday on the coop floor but that was my fault because i didn’t have the nesting boxes set up yet but today I went out put shaving in the boxes and there were two in the boxes today! so eggciting!

Thats awesome! Congrats! And mine laid her first egg yesterday on the coop floor but that was my fault because i didn’t have the nesting boxes set up yet but today I went out put shaving in the boxes and there were two in the boxes today! so eggciting!
Thats great! We opened up our nestboxes a couple weeks ago, and right after doing so, about half the flock wouldn’t go in the coop at night! I noticed early the next day that they slept on the high roosts in the run. Next night they tried the same stunt so I had to chase them in before the auto door locked them out. After couple days of this, they must have gotten used to the newly opened boxes because they all went in the coop at dusk. Hopefully they start using the nestboxes. 15 girls laying eggs all over their run will not work!

Thats great! We opened up our nestboxes a couple weeks ago, and right after doing so, about half the flock wouldn’t go in the coop at night! I noticed early the next day that they slept on the high roosts in the run. Next night they tried the same stunt so I had to chase them in before the auto door locked them out. After couple days of this, they must have gotten used to the newly opened boxes because they all went in the coop at dusk. Hopefully they start using the nestboxes. 15 girls laying eggs all over their run will not work!

Oh boy! I can only imagine! :lau I hated having to chase my girls in the coop every night when they first went out to the coop! Drove me nuts! LoL

Back
Top Bottom