First Egg Stories?

How exciting! If you didn't see them lay would you know which hen is producing what egg?

I got a second day second egg! Yippee! Mid morning she jumped in basket scratched around got out again. By the time I can inside and looked out window she had gotten back up and laid a tiny egg smaller then yesterday!

View attachment 1094906 View attachment 1094907 View attachment 1094909

One on left is yesterday's, right is today's

Those eggs are so cute! Congrats on 2 days in a row!

No, I wouldn't be able to guess which girls laid eggs. The girl who laid today was acting really, really spooked this morning so she caught my attention, and if I hadn't seen the girl lay yesterday I would have been clueless. :)

Those eggs are so cute! Congrats on 2 days in a row!

No, I wouldn't be able to guess which girls laid eggs. The girl who laid today was acting really, really spooked this morning so she caught my attention, and if I hadn't seen the girl lay yesterday I would have been clueless. :)

Thank you!

My little Gumby is on a roll 3rd day 3rd egg tiny like yesterday's. I believe if this is size she settles on I'll be okay. Eggs are for personal use and once other starts laying I think it'll be more than enough
IMG_20170730_181336_3CS.jpg

And can anyone tell me how quickly I need to bring them in? I wasn't home and it was very hot today. 110 plus.

If it was there the whole day in that weather I would say that it probably isn't safe to use. I have read that in hot or cold weather like that, eggs should be collected at least 3 times a day and in normal room temperature weather 2 times a day. So the hotter or colder it is, the sooner you have to collect them. If you're not sure, don't use it.

If it was there the whole day in that weather I would say that it probably isn't safe to use. I have read that in hot or cold weather like that, eggs should be collected at least 3 times a day and in normal room temperature weather 2 times a day. So the hotter or colder it is, the sooner you have to collect them. If you're not sure, don't use it.

Thank you!
I was thinking same about throwing away. She's laying late morning. I left at 10 am but wasn't able to get home until 4 pm and of course there's an egg sitting out, warm sun, etc.

I'm not posting any more of her eggs, lol
Was just so surprised they're every day.

Other hen will lay any day now. She's displaying all signs, comb finally red

Really eggcited to get our first egg today. We have about five birds at or near laying age but only one Ameraucana that would lay a blue-green egg. Of the five she seemed the least ready bc her comb wasn't very big or red. The others are a Leghorn, Delaware, Welsummer and Blue Copper Maran so none of their eggs should be this color. (I've been told the picture makes it look white but it was definitely teal.)

20170807_152525.jpg

Really eggcited to get our first egg today. We have about five birds at or near laying age but only one Ameraucana that would lay a blue-green egg. Of the five she seemed the least ready bc her comb wasn't very big or red. The others are a Leghorn, Delaware, Welsummer and Blue Copper Maran so none of their eggs should be this color. (I've been told the picture makes it look white but it was definitely teal.)

View attachment 1104797

That's so awesome! First egg a blue one. Congratulations. I still say a little prayer of thanks when I collect the one. Daily

Here's a first egg story, but it's about my coturnix quail.

I bought a group of quail for eggs a couple of weeks ago. I was experienced with button quail but not the bigger coturnix. They were just about old enough to lay. Then a few days ago I was near their cage when I heard this strange sound: "Squeeeeeeeeeeee....". It sounded like fireworks, or someone letting the air out of a balloon. I rushed to the cage thinking one of them might be hurt, but all I noticed was that one of the hens appeared to be panting. Two or three of the other hens were circling her and peering behind her. Then "squeeeeeeeeeeeee" again. I looked down and saw that she had just laid an egg! It was hard to see at first because the pattern on their eggs is such good camouflage.

Now all of them are laying an egg every day. They lay pretty big eggs for their size. Often they have double yolks. I think if I were a quail laying an egg, I'd "squeeeeeeeeee" and pant too!

Here's a first egg story, but it's about my coturnix quail.

I bought a group of quail for eggs a couple of weeks ago. I was experienced with button quail but not the bigger coturnix. They were just about old enough to lay. Then a few days ago I was near their cage when I heard this strange sound: "Squeeeeeeeeeeee....". It sounded like fireworks, or someone letting the air out of a balloon. I rushed to the cage thinking one of them might be hurt, but all I noticed was that one of the hens appeared to be panting. Two or three of the other hens were circling her and peering behind her. Then "squeeeeeeeeeeeee" again. I looked down and saw that she had just laid an egg! It was hard to see at first because the pattern on their eggs is such good camouflage.

Now all of them are laying an egg every day. They lay pretty big eggs for their size. Often they have double yolks. I think if I were a quail laying an egg, I'd "squeeeeeeeeee" and pant too!

Awesome! Here in the valley so much quail, I love these birds. My dad used to quail hunt once a year but this is the first time I've experienced watching them wild about my yard op

20170903_073904-1.jpg
Well my RIR finally laid her first egg this morning!

As you can see both hens laid eggs one right after the other. I looked out the window to check on the hens and saw RIR resting in her dust bath while Gumby is just scratching around.

Then I saw THE EGGS!!!!! Yippee ll

This is awesome because today was the deadline I gave her. I daily mentioned the upcoming deadline, EGGS or Sunday Fried Chicken Dinner!
20170903_073658-1.jpg
just walking around after bdust bat

20170903_074130-1.jpg
then I get an attitude from the girls. They hopped up to eat and pretty much well Literally FLIPPED ME THE BIRD!

20170903_074152-1.jpg

Egg close-up sitting alongside each other in the nesting Basket

Attachments

• 20170903_073904-1.jpg
    20170903_073904-1.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom