I only have the one, named Feisty. The rest are Black Laced Silver Wyandottes...three of them. They are the same age but developing a bit slower.
I've heard the sex-links are laying machines so I'll probably be getting a few more. I was thinking of black sex-links this time.
I think one of the Wyandottes will start soon also. Her comb is getting redder and larger now like Feisty.

I also want Speckled Sussex, Australorp, and maybe Partridge Rocks
( I'm crazy for the partridge color pattern!:love)
We need to build a larger coop first. :barnie

Here's my small flock:
View attachment 1236249
My RSL are awesome layers. I have one BSL who is a very regular layer as well but her eggs are noticeably smallwe

My RSL are awesome layers. I have one BSL who is a very regular layer as well but her eggs are noticeably smallwe
That’s good to know about BSL eggs being smaller.
I’d prefer large eggs over medium but they don’t have to be jumbo lol.
I wonder if anyone else has BSL that lay a smaller egg?
Maybe I should stick with RSL for my main layers?

Congratulations on your first egg!:weeRed sexlinks are great layers. Mine laid about everyday when she started. Most chickens you can tell when they are about to lay their first egg but my red sex links never really showed any signs, just one day they were in the coop and started laying.:confused:

I would say my BSL is "medium" I have 3 RSL and 2 of them lay XL eggs. But, Hopefully you will get more feedback fro the BSL. Maybe mine is a fluke at laying a smaller leg. She is a beautiful bird.

Below far from left to right RSL RSL BSL EE All 11 months have been laying for 7 months
53BDF96F-27E2-44C1-80DA-2D811A8BA49A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom