First Goose Egg!!! **Leap Year Goslings!!!! (pics pg. 4)***

After I put up the pics I went out to put in the flock, and this is what i found:
big_smile.png

She is only sitting on three, but they are very warm so she has been their a while. Guess it is a leraning process!
idunno.gif

very nice flock of sebbies they look so happy i am very jealous let us know if she continues to lay on the eggs who know you could end up with little baby's running around
clap.gif

Do they bite and can they fly ?
Sebastopols are very calm, although right now the two ganders posted above are a little hissy, due to breeding season. Only time I have ever been bit was when I got my finger pinched while feeding them lettuce. :D Also, they can't fly as their feathers don't have as stiff of a spine as most other waterfowl.

I too woke up today to find my first 4 goose eggs from my 9 month old Toulouse geese. I wasn't sure I'd see anything this season, but surprise, surprise! 4 beautiful eggs. Turns out though, that Bonnie and Clyde were misnamed. The one I thought was the Female (Bonnie) turned out to be Clyde ( a male)! I thought if they had blue eyes that meant it was a gander but I guess not. This is my first pair of geese, so everyday is a new learning day. I'm hoping to just let them set on the eggs and let God take it from there. any advice for a novice breeder would be much appreciated! Can't wait to get home and see if any more eggs were laid!
Terri in WI
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh all these goose eggs, and none for me!
hit.gif

But that does give me hope that my 9 month old geese might produce something -- all I'm hoping for is one or two eggs to show my farming class . . . more eggs would be lovely of course, and goslings would be even better, but this year, all I really wanted was one egg . . .

So, I will just hope they figure it out before May . . .

Good luck Lighthear, sounds like you are about the same stage as I am. Mine are around 11 months so it is the first season. Just starting to learn the ropes. If we can figure out our part and they do theirs as well, just maybe we will get lucky! Keep our fingers crossed!!!! :D

We have the smallest male and a female in a big brooder pen in the garage. The other two males started to pick on him and damaged a few of his blood quills. We found a surprise from them this afternoon, a nest in the chips in the enclosed end of the brooder, and a big goose egg in it! :)

Back
Top Bottom