First hatch in Brinsea DONE! See Stats and Final Pic!

Quote:
This batch of light Brahmas were already pre-sold in fact the eager owner already picked them up.
hit.gif
But I am getting more to replace the ones that broke during shipment. I plan to keep some of those. Maybe we can share the chicks that hatch from the replacement eggs?
clap.gif

Mary

34566_eggs.jpg

What do you have the eggs sitting in to be upright like this and get so many in?
I use egg cartons in my Brinsea. They look like they are standing upright but are not touching, so I didn't think you were using the metal dividers that go between rows.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am using the metal dividers and the foam spacers. Some of these are bantam eggs and I could fit more in. The way I did it was to leave out the spacer next to the edge, then put in a spacer 8 notches over. I put all the largest eggs in there. That is the row at the bottom of the picture. Then I put another spacer 7 notches over and fit eggs in there. I kept fitting in eggs as I went along until the final row was the perfect size for the bantam eggs. I paid too much for this thing to have to use egg cartons! I found that having the each touching really helped keep them from rolling out during the auto-turning. I moved them to the Hovabator and spaced them out for the actual hatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he is in the far right corner. I got my MFD eggs from Lynne of Wingshadows Hacienda in So Cal. I now have 38 MFD's in the incubator from bantyrooster!

Back
Top Bottom