First predator Kill on my bird's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey then They can keep their pet OUT OF MY YARD OR IT DIES . Plain and simple, if you don't like this then stop reading this and move on.

Quote:
Ok, so the birds are a business and the cat is a pet. Different mindset. Dogs can live out their lives chained or penned and still be well adjusted pets. It's not the same with cats. That said, I'm sorry you lost some of your birds. Make your enclosure as predator proof as possible. If it can't even keep a cat out I shudder to think what a raccoon could do to it.

If someones pet has killed your livestock then you have legal recourse to compensation. Not the most imediately satisfying answer maybe, but getting into a tit-for-tat feud with a neighbor can escalate beyond reason.

Sorry for your loss....we're dealing with dogs ourselves. I posted about this and it's a dilema it's titled "not that we would do this but as a last resort" we've told them, called AC and it doesnt stop. They havent killed anythign yet but I know they will. Cats we cant do anything about we live in the country and they are dumped on our road constantly. My friend and I trap them and take them to Humane Society so that at least stops the population! Good luck.

Quote:
bust out the duce duce K-POW
duc.gif

Quote:
Thank you

make some moshu meow fordinner tonight and watch big trouble in little china on NETFLIX
wink.png

A predator is a predator if it is a fox, raccoon or a cat it does not matter if it is hunting your livestock on your property then its a predator. I have cats, dogs, chickens. I saw that cat that carried off my little chick. If I did not live in town and had my gun that cat would be history. I have an outside cat that keeps stays and other cats off my property he was inside due to be black and it was Oct (Halloween). To the OP I am sorry you lost a bird but glad that the neighbor talked to you. I hope he keeps the cat locked up, which I know can be hard once they are used to going outside. Good luck and I hope you don't lose anymore birds.

I read this in some ones signature line.
The difference between a predator and a pet is what side of the fence it is on.

Quote:
I completely agree. I remember reading once "The difference between a Pet and a Predator is what side of the property line it's on." And I think in this case, it rings true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom