First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

I think hatcher build # 2 will use a combination heater/fan unit.

I have seen plans that used a hair dryer on a thermostat. temp gets too low and the hair dryer turns on. In an inclosed box you probably don't have to worry about it actually drying as long as it's not pointing AT the eggs.

56 eggs yesterday. Ran out to the hen house during a lull in the deluge and grabbed another 46 today. Probably more by now,but I'm not wading back through the mud and water to find out. The egg that is pipping in the incubator came from Foghorns pen.
Foghorn chickie?
caf.gif
big_smile.png

Kusanar,there have been people that tried it. Invariably either the heating element gives out or the fan does. I think it's the rapid,repeated cycling that does them in. It is also proving a problem with the light bulbs. I wonder how a small ceramic heater would work on a wafer thermostat

Turns out its a BAD IDEA to take my 22 yr old son with me to tractor supply. By the time I had grabbed my feed he had grabbed (and payed for) 10 more ducklings. He is the hunter of the bunch. My wife is apprehensive as to his intentions....... mine involve a smoker and dirty rice....:)

My daughter reminded my wife what happened to the pet pigs,rabbits,cows and chickens....:) the only thing to survive pethood has been the dogs....and one of them looks a little on the fat side.....garlic,onions,rice,maybe a few peepers...:)

Back
Top Bottom