First Shipped Eggs-Blessed!!! (Pics)

This is good news. I have three orders being shipped right now. Three different seller but all from BYC. I should be getting them Friday. I have been reading how I should not start turning them for the first three days once they are in the incubator. Let them set for 12 hours then wait three days before starting the turner. I am new so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote:
Depends on how old the eggs are. I cannot wait and need to put my eggs in now and I am going to turn them because I have not been told otherwise. I did allow them to ajust to room temp for about 5 1/2 hours and I am getting ready to put mine in now. I hope someone else will have better answers about nto turning your eggs for 3 days.

Quote:
I was told just just have to let them "rest" for 12-24 hours before placing in the bator. Mine rested a bit longer than that because I was waiting to get another batch of eggs in. As soon as I started incubating I started them in the turner. I hand turned my last hatch. Started on day 1. 25/30 made it out ok
smile.png

Quote:
Well....Mine are being turned because the instructions and no one else told me otherwise. They did "Rest" at my door step for about an hour and the I had them resting at room tep for about 5-6 hours.

Are you candling your eggs first? I am not sure what to look for but I read to look for an air sac that is moving around. I guess this will be a big learning curve. I tried candling eggs but I am going to do some more reading about this. I am always nervous about throwing out potential eggs. Some of my eggs are pretty dark.
I guess it will depend on how the eggs look when I get them.

Quote:
I dont think there is anything you can see by candling eggs prior to incubation otherwise we all wouldnt have to wait a week to find out if our eggs were fertile. I have some darm Maran eggs but witht he right flashlight, I could see right through them by day 8-9. You should be able to see veins at 4-5 days.

Back
Top Bottom