first time chick owner! and a mystery chick!

chickeroo2

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 3, 2013
Biloxi Mississippi
Hello! I've been lurking around your forums gleaning information about 5 little chicks I picked up on a whim. (I now know I was not properly prepared.. but i'm learning) I picked up 2 silkies and 2 frizzles. The breeder had hatched a mixed bunch of eggs and was unsure of the breed of one little chick I had picked out. She suggested it may be a sultan... but after researching sultans I dont think it is. This chick has 4 toes and google says sultans have 5. I think it may be a pekin?

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]We had a really windy night a couple days ago and it blew the cover off my brooder :( I now have a couple runny noses and sneezes. I added apple cider vinegar to their water and just picked up some vet rx from tractor supply. I also picked up some probiotics and electrolytes... worried!

Splash silkie? He/she is such a cutie! Any ideas on sexes? I kniw its still too early.. but its fun to guess!

I grew up with game chickens everywhere.. never understood the fascination. They were just... chickens. But these little guys have me addicted! Lol!

Your first chick is a frizzle silkie (frilkie). The mystery chick is a white frizzled Cochin. I can't really tell color on the last chick since the pic is kinda far away, but it looks blue to me :) Cute babies!!!
Nikki

Thank you Nikki!!! It is nice to know what he is.. I will try to get some better pics when it warms up in a few days. They are small and fast :) And mad at me right now.. that vet rx is kinda messy! Lol!

i think the black one is a sizzle (frizzle silkie) sometimes they dont have a 5th toe i have a silkie hen missing the 5th toe.
lol.png

ShowGirl12 the black one has 5 toes. I have been researching sizzles frizzles and frilkies for days. Still not sure the difference!! Lol!
I got some better pics of her today.. her chest feathers have a golden brown edging and her fluffy butt is a bluey silver color. Is she a black?

Also I have some better pics of the one you couldn't see good.. he is a strange color.. anyone know what it is?

Back
Top Bottom